Wolf beanch seats in regular 110

I'm trying to fit Wolf inward facing bench seats into the load area of an ex-mod 110 hardtop but I can't figure out exactly how they should bolt up.

The brackets on the rear of the seat frame look like they are angled to slide under the x-section of the tub rail - but are just too high to do so. I could bring the seats inward and up and bolt to the flat part of the tub rail (but that would kill the leg / headroom)... or just inward and drop a bracket down (still leaves a big gap at the back). Or I could cut off the brackets and push the seat back so the uprights are right against the tub (and possibly just use u-brackets around the uprights to fix them on).

What's the smart way to do this?

post-4308-1214230691_thumb.jpg

Thanks all.

Guest diesel_jim

I think the wolf seats are designed to fit onto the wolf inner roll cage strengthening plate things, hebce why that bracket on yours doens't line up with anything.

reckon you'll have to try and fabricate up a bracket.

Hi,

I wondered the same thing, as they are MOD spec I had a look in the military forum on here and there's a post called 'Load area seats, (Wolf spec tube frame)' - sorry I don't know how to make a link. On there there are pics of Mondo's XD 90 with the rears seats in. Apparently there's an extra panel sandwiched between tub and seats which is standard on an XD 90.

What I did was to fabricate some brackets which will be riveted to the 'x-section of the tub rail' as you put it and have a vertical tab in the middle which you can bolt the seats to. (A picture can be taken if you want?)

A query that I have is about the seat belt mounting, I plan on putting a strengthening plate underneath in the wheel arch to bolt the seat belt too so as to make strong anchorage points.

What are your plans for the seat belts?

Thanks

Steve

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I have some pictures.

These two pictures show the bracket in situe. The bracket will be rivoted to the tub to form a mount once i've painted them!

post-7712-1214672463_thumb.jpgpost-7712-1214672471_thumb.jpg

And this picture is a net of the bracket. I used 2mm mild steel. I cut most of it out with a jigsaw, worked well actually and filed it to shape.

post-7712-1214672478_thumb.jpg

I think I will aim to mount the seat belts near the back of the wheel arch (roughly where these red crosses are!) so there out the way.

post-7712-1214672880_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps. I better crack on and get mine fitted, I've just got the seat belt bracing plates to make and they'll be finished.

Look forward to see the brackets that you make.

Steve

Yes they do and they are a bit more hard wearing that the standard ones.

That's one of the main reasons wanted these ones as they're a bit more hard wearing tough than the others and they look nicer! Also with the standard/basic ones you have to remove the flat cusion slightly to fold the seats up and it all looks a bit clumsey/bulky. Whereas with you just lift them up and hook the strap on. There pretty well made as well with the cushions easily unclipped from the frame for cleaning (like I did) and you can also undo a clip to remove the foam cushions.

Hopefully they'll get some use. I'll have to get someone else to drive so I can try them out for myself!!

Steve

Thanks Steve that's going to save me a lot of headscratching - especially the net pic

I just spent today bending some ally brackets to reinforce the seatbox, I will eat my weetabix in the morning and see if I can bend steel

Yeah I first had a bit of head scratching to find the best way to make them. I think that was my third attempt after first thinking that I could weld little bits of metal together - how hard was I trying to make this!!

Excellant, I want to see loads of pics after you've finished :D

What seat belts do you have and what fixing eyes do they have. Mine are plain brackets with an hole in, but if you look closely on the link from the military forum they have clip on ones?

Steve

I ordered the 'new' retractables from Exmoor - haven't got them yet. I'm a bit concerned b/c the pics appear to show the fixed end has virtually no stalk, I'm hoping that doesn't tuck them too far behind the cushion and make them a pita to get hold of.

• 12 years later...