4x4Adventures 2 Day Event

JST

• 2 weeks later...

About 16 now Shaun, plans are coming together for each day nicely, just sorting the Sat night entertainment. we were hoping to get the 'i can get really sh*t faced quickly' team in to do a gig for us but they are in Ireland......

About 16 now Shaun, plans are coming together for each day nicely, just sorting the Sat night entertainment. we were hoping to get the 'i can get really sh*t faced quickly' team in to do a gig for us but they are in Ireland......

:D Sorry to disappoint. :D

Quite sad to be missing it but s&*t happens!

Current entry list:

2 Shaun Houghton

3 Tim Jones

4 Ian Moulsdale

6 Simon Parsons

7 Bob Smith

8 Bert Smith

9 Paul Radford

10 David Webber

12 Team Roll Over

14 Shaun Harris

15 Kris Murphy

20 Martin Stainer

21 Alen Cousins

31 Nick Watts

Non Registered

43 Tim and Jake @ Devon 4x4

41 Marc Dyer

42 Austin Jewitt

As you can see we still have a some places left so entry will be left open until this Thursday.

Went up on site today in the lovely weather and set for Sundays fun and games, suffice to say its wet up there and the going is going to be tough. Punches and sections have worked out well though so i should have enough to keep you all busy.

Just Saturdays sections to set now which will be done at the end of the week. i have requested google mapping to update the sat pictures when i have done it so you can all see what i have been upto..........

For those inquiring earlier in the week ref snorkels there are some misleadling deep sections where a snorkel would be advisable but i would suggest not having one would only stop you doing 3 punches (unless it rains a load more between now and Sunday!) they certainly wont be needed for the SS.

All Marshalls should of now received contact information and details or timings and responsibilities for the days they are available.

All competitors should of now received the event information email with timings and an explanation of the scoring system.

If there are any issues please drop me aline.

Spectators are more than welcome to come along, although please read and abide by our rules and regs

Tim of course :P

And of course Nick (Tangoman)Walker on how much better his old truck is in the hands of a proper driver (and decent co-driver of course)

Now,, why does that not surprise me,,, your truck up and running now Les :unsure::P

Nick,, well that fair game :lol:

I have re-emailed (Ver 2) the marshalls instructions last night with an uptodate contact list and timings.

Competitors should all now be fully aware of timings and the general outline for the weekend including the scoring system.

If you are marshalling or competing and dont have the information please drop me a line. I will cehck the forum this pm, after which i will be o'off line'!

Weather looks promising for Saturday anyway!

Just got back home. And boy does my body ache!!! Bit of a bad day yesterday. Front winch motor decided to self implode on itself. Luckily it wasn't undr tension so a trip back to the paddock and a chat with David Bowyer and a new winch motor appeared BUT it needed an adaptor to fit corectly. So I had to drive down to David's workshop and pick 1 up. Whilst I ws there David called and could I bring another 4 motors back with me.

So day 1 was a bit of a washout :( . Decided that we would miss the nightstage. We needed to points from day 2 to give us a good chance of a placing for the series.

DAY 2 mostly punches with 2 special stages. Did 1 stage then went punch hunting. Almost managed to lose my driver in a small puddle, broke the winch rope whilst recovering him. So after a repair with a new rope we went back to park ferme, removed the remains of the old rope respooled the new 1 on properly and went back into action. A couple more punches and that was it game over.Time to hand the punch card in and get scored. Still waiting for the days results. Day 1 we came 4th out of 5 :( . Still waiting for tadays.

A big thankyou to James for setting it out. And also to the event sponsors, Si and Anton. Hot coffee on tap all weekend was a godsend. Cheers Puggers. Not forgetting the marshals with their words of encouragement, Nick ;) , Les ;) .

Roll on Dec 6 :)