4x4Adventures 2 Day Event

JST

just got back

and i got to say what a fantastic event well doen to all concerned............ it was really good watching for a change even though my boots let in more water than the river severn

i think for me the highlights of the weekend in no particular order

tree services lads "i think we are lost" with no lockers and 2 very slow winches and they were still smiling

Steve and pikey doing the bog run with a very steep climb at the end

and lastly Ciderman doing punch No1 you've got balls of steel mate take my hat off to you

James i have to say that some of the puches you set out this weekend were very sick and twisted but very enjoyable from my end

Nobby

Ahh punch No.1 , Yes that was a bit of a bugger , 20 ft up a vertical bank the front winch motor went on strike when the front wheels popped over the brow , OH WHAT do we do now , but fair shout to my co driver Rich , ran the rear winch over the cage to allow us to conquer the summit and get the punch , It was a bit hairy coming back down on a rope that had snapped on the previous punch .

Great event James,Anton and Big Si ,and thanks to all the marshalls , espescialy Les for lending me his on board air for blowing my tyre back on the inner bead .

Im knackered now and the hour back helped this morning , even though the canteen generator kicked off a 6.30 am .

A huge big kiss and hug to Liz Lewis from OEC for looking after us all weekend .

Firstly a massive thank you to X-Eng and OEC for sponsoring the event who along with Goodwinch provided the food and hot drinks - Cheers Guys.

marshalls - as ever what a superb job, thank you. With 20 of you around on Saturday you certainly proved your worth looking after the SSs and today in rain its not a job many are after - your help is greatly appreciated.

Puggers - i wont replicate Jases' kisses but cheers for sorting the Bar B Q and doing all the cooking - a long drive across the country to cook for a loads of guys at personnel expense i am sure is greatly appreciated by all.

Weekend Results

Std

Tim and Jake Team Devon 4x4 – 7496

2nd Simon Parsons and Chris Solway – 6211

Std + 1

1st Paul Radford and Kerryn – 4731

2nd Bob and Dawn Smith – 4231

3rd Shaun Houghton and Stu Guard – 4030

4th David Webber and Mark Walford – 3550

5th Ian Moulsdale - 2774

Modified

1st Jason Farr and Rich Sims (Team OEC) 8444

2nd Steve Gittins and Mark Morgan (Team Gigglepin) 7828

3rd Shaun Harris and Paul Milsom 5213

4th Nick Watts and Guy Radford (Team X-Eng/Goodwinch) 4365

5th Kris Murphy and Bryony Passmore 4032

6th Martin Stainer and Graeme Mitchell 3317

7th Tim Jones and Ian Stokes 2997

8th Bert and Dan Smith 2974

9th Alen Cousins and Matt Weeks – 461 (no score Sunday Sunday)

Walfy, i know you dont talk to your driver but ask him and he will tell you, you were 1st in Class for Sunday.

Full individual SS, night stage and series day scores to follow tomorrow

Got off to a good start friday the weather was great.

post-978-1225050485_thumb.jpg

Yet another good event made possible by the sponsers (OEC and X Eng), marshalls and of course, James.

Got to say thanks to Jason (RAC/AA) Farr for helping the lads out and also David Bowyer for his advice and help.

Thanks to the lads for keeping their chins up when things go wrong including Ian and Tom who also had their fair share of problems, nothing major this time but niggling little things.

post-978-1225050516_thumb.jpg

But most of all thanks to Dawn for keeping going in pretty wet and miserable conditions at times.

post-978-1225050549_thumb.jpg

And still smiling when a 35" Simex has just flicked mud on the hair do she had for her birthday last week.

post-978-1225051229_thumb.jpg

We finshed at 1pm today when her legs was struggling down in the quarry but looking how close the scores were looks like I should have got the whip out (I hid it from her all weekend :P ).

We finshed at 1pm today when her legs was struggling down in the quarry but looking how close the scores were looks like I should have got the whip out (I hid it from her all weekend :P ).

Which is about 2 1/2 hours longer than us today Bob !! one punch and day over,,,, early shower for Sticky ,,,,,,hey-ho

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a great weekend.

Thanks to all who put all the time and effort in to making as good as it was. If this is to be the format for next years series I think it most definatly will be good year.

Just one thing James, Please make sure the pool heating is on next time I take un unseasonal dip in an outdoor swimming pool, :blink::blink: oh and I think the filters need a clean!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Jase. Do you want me to replace the drive gear you let me for the winch or do you want some beer, oops, sorry cider tokens for it!!

Was a good event, we had a few problems, the 1st was the diff exploding at 11am on saturday! some of you probably heard the grinding as we limped back upto the field, luckily we had a spare so cracked on with fitting it, (thanks to the lads from devon 4x4 for lending us another jack! then we retuned to do a few more punches just before the end! today, well we got off to a good start, then we hit the bogs in widcombe moor, they were interesting, we boiled over and lost lots of water, we ended up so bogged in we had to triple line pull on the rear to get out, with the water sorted we returned to the same area, in the end i lost count of the amount of times the ropes snapped, at last count i think it was, front 4 times, rear 3 times and the spare twice! not quite sure what was going on, punches were interesting tho! then at the end of the day we lost power steering again so called it a day!

thanks the bob/bert for taking my car/trailer down on the truck again!

and thanks to all the organisers/marshalls!

think this may of been my last event of the year! roll on next year and a complete new truck! cant wait!

Series and Day Results are:

Saturday Series Scores (Excluding night stage)

Std

1st Simon Parsons and Chris Solway

Std + 1

1st Paul Radford and Kerryn 4719

2nd Shaun Houghton and Stu Guard 3482

3rd Bob and Dawn Smith 2704

4th David Webber and Mark Walford 1290 (retired early)

5th Ian Moulsdale and Tom 1125 (retired early)

Modified

1st Jason Farr and Rich Sims (Team OEC) 4294

2nd Steve Gittins and Mark Morgan (Team Gigglepin) 4268

3rd Shaun Harris and Paul Milsom - 3987

4th Nick Watts and Guy Radford (Team X-Eng/Goodwinch) 2988

5th Kris Murphy and Bryony Passmore 2596

6th Tim Jones and Ian Stokes 2393

7th Martin Stainer and Graeme Mitchell 2013

8th Bert and Dan Smith 1541

9th Alen Cousins and Matt Weeks 440

Sunday Series Scores

Std

1st Simon Parsons and Chris Solway

Std + 1

1st David Webber and Mark Walford 2250

2nd Ian Moulsdale & Tom 1575

3rd Bob and Dawn Smith 1450

4th Shaun Houghton and Stu Guard 400 (retired early)

5th Paul Radford and Kerryn 225 (retired early)

Modified

1st Jason Farr and Rich Sims (Team OEC) 3939

2nd Steve Gittins and Mark Morgan (Team Gigglepin) 3485

3rd Kris Murphy and Bryony Passmore 1352

4th = Bert and Dan Smith 1285

4th = Martin Stainer and Graeme Mitchell 1285

6th Shaun Harris and Paul Milsom 1143

7th Nick Watts and Guy Radford (Team X-Eng/Goodwinch) 846 (retired early)

8th Tim Jones and Ian Stokes 351(retired early)

Class scores are attached.

Competitors will shortly receive an email with the SS individual times and complete scores sheets. If you dont get it please drop me a line.

An excellent recovery by Ian and Tom on Sunday plus Dan and Bert in their respective classes - well done guys, must have been something around the fire!

post-53-1225098322_thumb.jpg

post-53-1225098335_thumb.jpg

post-53-1225098354_thumb.jpg

I had a thouroughly good weekend - really nice to see some old friends and meet a few new ones!

A big thanks to those responsible for all the food and hot drinks all weekend - being woken by the generator at 0630hrs wasn't the nicest thing until I realised it was for the tea urn!

I really enjoyed running the special stages - I think it adds so much to an event, and was really impressed with how relaxed all the competitors were.

Got a few good pics;

The TD5 (sorry, didn't catch crew names - any ideas?) about to hit a punch. Centre winches helped!

DSC01679.jpg

Pikey and Steve in the bog from hell after breaking a rope - the mud was about nacker-deep as I later found out.

DSC01686.jpg

Same wagon winching up the long hill out of the bog - only two trucks did it IIRC. The photo does the slope no justice - it was all we could do to scrabble up.

DSC01695.jpg

The Farr-mobile broken down in a tight spot. Very impressive to see the punch completed with no front winch.

DSC01703.jpg