turbo

ibexman

How far can you turn up boost on a200 tdi before things start to go bang???

I would run no more than 15 psi measured from the t piece on the turbo.If you are trying to gain more power i would either turn the fuel up abit on boost and or go for a different turbo i,e cut back exhaust wheel,different comp wheel etc.I could sort you out an exchange turbo for you through one of my turbo people for £400 +vat exchange .With that fitted and with the fuel turned up you would gain 40-55bhp and an easy 75lbft torque.

Chris

I would run no more than 15 psi measured from the t piece on the turbo.If you are trying to gain more power i would either turn the fuel up abit on boost and or go for a different turbo i,e cut back exhaust wheel,different comp wheel etc.I could sort you out an exchange turbo for you through one of my turbo people for £400 +vat exchange .With that fitted and with the fuel turned up you would gain 40-55bhp and an easy 75lbft torque.

Chris

I would say he is about spot on there!

Firstly get a calibrated Boost Gauge

then measure what you currently have at the manifold.

then a minor increase of up to 18psi would be ok shortening the wastegate actuator rod is ok but not too much or you'll get boost bleed, you can get bleed off valves(switchable) from Turbosmart if req.

In reality a hybrid turbo is a better but more expensive option.

with a larger intercooler/more fuel(see archive) and a bit more boost you'll be getting the best from the 200/300TDI.

too much boost = blown head gaskets

I ran mine at 21psi for over a year the engine had over 100K on the clock no probs

I now run at 18psi fuel pump adjusted and larger intercooler fitted.