Middle row seats in CSW110

Hi,

I have a 1994 300TDi 110 CSW and wish to have better seating on the middle row. The seats must tip forward and allow me to reclaim the load space and would preferably be a 60/40 split with removable head restraints. What have people tried in order to gain some comfort and leg room

Cheers,

Ian

You can improve the standard seats. Mine was made with a seat backrest which is about 6" further back than the (ab)normal LR position. The seat is also slightly lower I think. This was done at the factory by AAD in Cape Town. You need to move the catches back and cut and shut the seat legs. You might have a problem with the seats in the back if you have the 3-seater version. Mine came with the slightly shorter 2-seaters (for midgets only).

I can post pictures if required.

Hi,

I have a 1994 300TDi 110 CSW and wish to have better seating on the middle row. The seats must tip forward and allow me to reclaim the load space and would preferably be a 60/40 split with removable head restraints. What have people tried in order to gain some comfort and leg room

Cheers,

Ian

Exmoor Trim do a kit to shift the second row seats further back to gain some exra legroom.

Kev

A good start but my canvas is blank, that is I have no middle seats or fixings in place. The previous owner had put in a couple of Ford seats and made a special mount for them. They didn't fold down and still provided little legroom so I got rid of them. So what seats from a breakers yard will fit my criteria?

Thanks for the help so far.

I don't know how many seats you need, but mine is in a 2+2 layout at the moment, Two proper seats put in place of the bench seat and moved back a bit for better legroom. Means you have to lose the rear bench seats but they're uncomfy and I prefer having an empty back for load carrying, the space all the way down the centre of the vehicle (no cubby box either) means you can access gear in the back without going out in the rain etc :D

I replaced the middle seats in my CSW with the hi-back ones from Exmoor Trim/Trakkers to provide more comfort for the children when on holiday, for the last two summers. I also replaced the front seats at the same time.

Not cheap, but after two years use, they are still like new.