Forum expedition

GBMUD

Chris, put me down. Happy to lead a group again but no Land Cruisers if there are going to be tight bits ;)

Mo

OI there was loads of room last time- at LEAST 2-3mm on either side. Anyway it gave you and Stu a chance to get the winches out AND you had an audience of beautiful young ladies!

Back on topic- Chris i'd be up for something- how a big hunt the waypoint on the plain? would be a little closer than our last expedition!

OI there was loads of room last time- at LEAST 2-3mm on either side. Anyway it gave you and Stu a chance to get the winches out AND you had an audience of beautiful young ladies!

My sincere apologies Puggers, I remembered there being only 1 mm each side. Just goes to show how moaning old ladies can affect your judgment ;)

Mo

Back on topic- Chris i'd be up for something- how a big hunt the waypoint on the plain? would be a little closer than our last expedition!

Just to add to this, my 80 series is smaller that my mates 57 plate 110, just a little wider because of the arches, but these may becoming off soon!!

Paul

Thanks for the offer of marshalling Ralph, what I was thinking about though was a dis-organised green-lane weekend rather than an organised event like the treasure hunt (I may decide to do a treasure hunt in August if the weather looks a bit more promising... :) ).

I would hate for anyone to imagine that I was organising this trip in any way, I am merely suggesting locations and dates which would suit me - in short, I am not carrying the can for anyones problems, accidents, incidents, incontinence, inconvenience, domestic discord etc. If anyone chooses to come along then they are on their own - apart from being in the same pubs, hotel/s, laneing groups etc. as the rest of the group. You get the picture. ;)

How would a November weekend in the Peak District (there are some pretty narrow gateways there!) sort of area suit everyone then? It is accessible to folk from t' north, so no whingeing about all t' events happening in t' south and there are decent roads up there (past Watford!), even from the south! There is an AWDC challenge event on the weekend of the 9th November, so what about one of the weekends spanning 14th-16th or the 21st-23rd November? I would not want to be much later as we then get stuck in the Christmas rush with regard to eating out etc..

If anyone local can suggest a venue large enough to accommodate a group from the forum while still cheap enough to appeal to Landrover owning types and ideally with a bar/restaurant built in, please speak up now. NO EFFING YOUTH HOSTELS! :blush:

There seems to have been quite a lot of interest from people wishing to go. I do not want to appear elitist or exclusionary but I would prefer to limit the trip to members of the forum - though of course that would not exclude non-member passengers.

Anyone want to share any thoughts, ideas, fears, fantasies etc.?

Cheers

Chris

I think both ideas are good, The treasure hunt etc is being done by other forums too, And the greenlane would also be good.

I do think that to start with and put faces to names in a nice relaxed greenlane round great hills and lanes would be better.

It allows strangers to mix comfortably.

Maybe a treasure hunt after we have got to know each other.

I also thought about having our user names on show somewhere so we know who we all are too,

Or is that daft??

kind regards tris

ps: It might be difficult to find somewhere for all of us to stay, And a camp site might be chilly unless we moved it forward a little...I could get my mrs to do us sandwiches tho :D .

If we all decide on a location thats central for all then my used to be in the hotel business etc so I could get her to phone around for group discounts etc, The only thing is a large hotel is bound to be expensive?

Timing is good - either weekend for me.

Ideas are good, too. More than happy with hotel/B&B, but something a little cheaper than the last stay at Llandovery would be good!!

Just to add to this, my 80 series is smaller that my mates 57 plate 110, just a little wider because of the arches, but these may becoming off soon!!

I'm sure it is Paul but Puggers' Land Cruiser is the size of a coastal freighter ;)

The late November (21st-23rd) date suits me well, Chris and the Peak district is one of my favourites :) and hotels are always better than camping :i-m_so_happy:

Mo