Forum expedition

GBMUD

The two weekends mentioned are either side of my birthday and I can't think of a better way of celebrating than this :)

As for location - I'd like to suggest Edale: It has a great pub "the Nags Head", a good pub "the Ramblers" (both of which have rooms) several B&B and two decent camp-sites...

Roger

The two weekends mentioned are either side of my birthday and I can't think of a better way of celebrating than this :)

As for location - I'd like to suggest Edale: It has a great pub "the Nags Head", a good pub "the Ramblers" (both of which have rooms) several B&B and two decent camp-sites...

Roger

I have been Edale to and cant think of a better place with the facilities. :)

I'm sure it is Paul but Puggers' Land Cruiser is the size of a coastal freighter ;)

well Paul's is the same size as mine :D : D you better come along Paul for moral support- best take the arches off mind- one gateway up on the moors last time scrapped both sides of the car at the same time so it was a wee bit tight.

and hotels are always better than camping :i-m_so_happy:

ooh you little stirrer :D:D:D (and can you keep control of Blue Disco please- currently 25% of his posts are taking the tiddle out of me!)

Big up for Big Chris for "not" organising this- i seem to remember that the last lake distrcit trip he "didn't" organise went very well too (although i was glad not to be staying in the youth hostel)

Peak district sounds fun- is it wise staying in a hotel call the "ramblers"?

Both weekends are fine for us. And the area will be good too as it's not to far away again :P .

Have to agree on no Youth Hostels as was last one wasless than inspiring.

Could be interested in the treasure hunt in August, but only if it is in the first two weeks, as we are holidaying in Hampshire so would be quite close.

:unsure: Appologies all round, no taking the tiddle anymore :rolleyes:

weekend of 21-23 would be the only one for me

Don't apologise Stu, you'll make him worse ! And you owe him for the side of your Disco too :rofl: James will tell you :D You can't give Puggers too much abuse.

Mo ;)

well Paul's is the same size as mine :D : D you better come along Paul for moral support- best take the arches off mind- one gateway up on the moors last time scrapped both sides of the car at the same time so it was a wee bit tight.

Is the constant fear of scraping your bodywork what makes a Land Cruiser so much more interesting than those "boring" 90s? :lol::P

Peak district sounds fun- is it wise staying in a hotel call the "ramblers"?

It's better than it sounds :ph34r: ... It used to be called the Church Hotel I think (I was very young then) but it changed in the 70's, as I remember a time when all sorts of travesties were committed on great pubs in the name of progress...

I am up for those dates.

Here's a option for accommodation -

Ollerbrook Farm

Two self-catering cottages each sleeping 4 people, with log fires; and a bunk house sleeping 16. Set in a totally peaceful position on a working sheep farm, a short walk from Edale village. A perfect chance to completely relax - walks available from ther door.

Weekly Rental from: £125.00 to £245.00

Bunkhouse - £8 per night (gas masks not supplied) :o

Less than half a mile from Edale, being a farm should have good safe parking.

Nearby -

Cotefield Farm is a working hill farm with hill sheep, calves and beef cattle, situated about 10 minutes walk from Edale Village. We have four well-appointed self-catering cottages each sleeping 2 - 6 people adjacent to the farm and a camping barn which sleeps 8 people.

Weekly Rental from: £190.00 to £280.00

They are adjacent farms and between the two should be able to accommodate over 40 people in cottages and bunks.

Or for those wanting to snuggle up how about this -

Luxury holiday cottage, 360 degree views, four-poster bed, 20 ft square living room, modern bathroom and separate shower. Modern kitchen.

Should I find out if the first two are available?

John

Ollerbrook Farm

Two self-catering cottages each sleeping 4 people, with log fires; and a bunk house sleeping 16. Set in a totally peaceful position on a working sheep farm, a short walk from Edale village. A perfect chance to completely relax - walks available from ther door.

John

Sounds good :rolleyes: But if this is the way we go,, bags first dibs in one of the cottages !!! I know the snorers :lol:

Sounds good :rolleyes: But if this is the way we go,, bags first dibs in one of the cottages !!! I know the snorers :lol:

As you say if we go this way it should be first come first served with regard to who is in the cottages!

Should we start a list?

With the two adjacent farms there are at least 20 cottage "berths" and 20 bunks available.

Using the cottages gives us some communal areas for breakfasts, flask preparation etc etc.

John

As you say if we go this way it should be first come first served with regard to who is in the cottages!

Should we start a list?

With the two adjacent farms there are at least 20 cottage "berths" and 20 bunks available.

Using the cottages gives us some communal areas for breakfasts, flask preparation etc etc.

John

Theres a nice campsite there to with showers etc, And Ive got a 6 person tent thats 7 ft high plus, So its more like being in a caravan.

It also has a divider in it to make two big rooms, So I know a lot dont like the staying on a site but for one weekend thats what I will do, Gives someone a chance for the accomodation, If anybody wants to tag along in that with me they are more than welcome. B) :)

Don't apologise Stu, you'll make him worse ! And you owe him for the side of your Disco too :rofl: James will tell you :D You can't give Puggers too much abuse.

Mo ;)

almost forgotten about that one ;) don't worry I won't mention anything about "miss judgment of size" or anything :P

Well I have a crack in one arch and the others have deep gouges in them :rolleyes: . I will point this thread out to my mate whohas the 57 plate 110 to see if he wants to come.

Paul

Trouble with holiday cottages is at that time of year, not many are hired out to holiday makers, so a lot are let on a short-term lease, or occupied by the owners... Sounds like Martin has a good solution! Pub next door for breakfast, dinner and drinkies.....

How much of a discount could you wrangle out of them, Martin??