Forum expedition

GBMUD

Chris, I'm definately joining a Peak District laning run. And Troddenmasses will be pig-sick that he just sold his LR too.

I'll stay with my parents near Ashbourne - for the not-too-rowdy who are too poor for TravelInn luxury, I daresay my parents would accommodate a few campers for a bottle of wine or so too.

As you know, I cut my teeth offroading up there and I'm happy to lead a group - give me a shout if you want some (5-year old <_< ) lane info.

I am fighting wife's car into getting an MOT today but I promise I will make a decision on the area we want to be in for PI booking reasons. This afternoon perhaps...

Chris

Chris, I know your not organising this :ph34r: but has a decision been made as to what area we are going to be going to?

Chris, I know your not organising this :ph34r: but has a decision been made as to what area we are going to be going to?

I had a word with Chris at Billing on Saturday about this.

We both felt that some more information is required regarding accommodation costs before people can choose where they want to stay.

Also as it's a late November date we do have a some time to get organized.

Cost will in part determine who wants to come and it's not fair to expect Martin too book a load of rooms at a Premier Inn without a guaranteed commitment to pay.

Some will camp, some may want to pub/B&B, others club together and rent a cottage/bunkhouse, as well as the PI deal and those that live locally.

I presume Edale is still the chosen centre from where we wish to be based, however is this the best location from an off-road perspective, I don't have any local knowledge so perhaps someone with some could comment please.

I will enquire about actual costs of cottage + bunkhouse rental in the immediate Edale vacinity and post the details on here.

I will aim to identify accommodation that is not more than a 10 minute walk from Edale & a decent pub.

Martin is off to on holiday for a few weeks so it may not be possible to obtain clear PI prices from him until later in August.

Perhaps with the holiday season upon us we should try to sort this out at the end of August or early in September.

John

Agree wholly with your point about Martin's outlay for PI rooms from his own pocket - too risky to be fair to him.

My knowledge of the lanes would move our base to somewhere near Buxton, but that's because I lived on the south side of the peak and it's a long way to get north of Edale before starting any laning - I'm sure there are some good lanes out that way so Edale could be a perfectly good base. I could certainly find two days of driving around Buxton.

Ps if all/many are interested in the username sticker idea mentioned by 'letsgetdirty' i would be happy to organise these (maybe with LR4x4 / logo incorperated???) and bring them along with me,

as i know a man that can ;) [/font]

:i-m_so_happy::i-m_so_happy::i-m_so_happy: C'mon people that will be a good idea!! Dougie I think you should just get a poll of those people who would like that and then give us the bill and we can either give it to you then or post it??

I might get a large one for my front window :D:D Mind you people will know mine from the vibrations coming from my prop lol

Tris

ps: Im camping on a lovely site with showers etc right in Edale, Ive got a 7ft high tent with heater which sleeps 6 or 7 people so as I said before if anyone wants to crash there thats okay as im on my own, Its a 2 minute walk from 2 pubs.

Hi would poss be intrested will know closer the time. Tris do you have a number for the camp site at all please Im happy to camp in November as lived outside (litraly) for 15 years. Have all the gear & well set up for out door living a BIG army canvas tent, huge cast hanging pans, trivets for the fire, Kettle irons etc but need to know if the camp site allows REAL fires as some do & some dont. As I do all my cooking on a camp fire not to bad at it ither can cook anything on a fire that some one can on a cooker every thing from a full roast dinner to a dam good cake. All so need to know wheather dogs are allowed as same problem some do & some dont.

Have even come across some camp sites that dont allow kids or works cars/vans So if you got a landy which is also your work tool with your buissness writen up on the side of it thay wont allow it. So found its allways best to phone and cheeck exactly what is and whats not allowed. So if you got a number Tris that would be great so can cheeck on fires and dog. If not its pub grub Thanks paul.

Fieldhead campsite is 01433 760386 and is run by the peak districk nationel park etc, So fires might be a no no.

Upper campsite on a farm is 01433 670250. Dont know about that one.

If anyone wants to see pics and a run down of the site then just google or yahoo it.

Tris

I hope it does Mo. its just that there seems to have been a long period of inactivity. After all this time, we have narrowed it down to the Peaks, but no more specifically, and I STILL dont know what anyone wants me to do about getting rooms for us all.......

Mart

Martin,

I got the impression from the peaks thread that the area to be visited would be dependent on accommodation availability and that we were waiting for you to come back with an idea of cost and availability for the rooms, once you'd completed your Pyrenees jaunt.

No one person is organising this trip and input is welcome from all particularly those who can organise accommodation for a largish group such as ours.

If it helps get a quote I imagine you'd be looking at a room per car for those who have expressed an interest in the Premier Inn. If the price is too high for most then we can locate other accommodation.

I'll copy this over to the Peaks thread too.

Mo

• 2 weeks later...