Best V8 camshaft.....

I think you are going to have to specify what you want to get out of the engine....

Low down grunt and high torque, not high revving

or

High revving high power output at top end... (If Crank , pistons etc. not balanced it will eventually kill itself)

or

Good all round don't mind much type performance ?

I am rebuilding my 4.6 wit a Piper Torquemax, for maximum low-end grunt.

It will be used in my P38a auto, mostly as daily driver, but also for towing the cartrailer and doing greenlanes.

Oselli RV8255 - extra low and mid range grunt

Kent H180 (if an auto) low and mid range grunt

Piper HR300 mid range power cam 3000-6500

Crane H204 generaaly a better than std cam full rpm usage from 500-5000+

Crane F238 good wide powerband low and mid improvement not for high rpms (5500+)

Aviod high lift or solid lifters stuff, any of the above are good for what your asking, my money would be on H204 or the RV8255 :)

Nige

Sooooo crower 50230, Real Steel Stump-Puller, Piper Torquemax etc etc. Any Favourites or are they pretty much the same....

There is no best camshaft, the final choice will be dependent upon factors like induction, CR, and fueling arrangements…………

The Stump Puller will require the top of the guides to be machined by 100 thou and different valve springs to stop bunching, also maybe adjustable push rods to get the best from it.……………… A good all rounder is the Cyclone………. providing a decent increase in torque / power yet retaining driveability at low rpm. I'm pretty sure all the real steel cams come from comp cams blanks which is a good pedigree...............

It is also necessary to build the rest of the engine to take full advantage of the cam ................ like rhodes lifters, decent roller timing gear, ARP studs, new rockers & shafts etc..............

:)

Ian