Defender Tyre sizes

I ended up with 2 from "up-north" and 2 from "down-south".

Apparently BFG are working flat out to supply the "home" (USA) market at the moment.

Once this is done, supplies to the UK should return to normal.

• 9 years later...

Se7enUp. Did you have to adjust the lock to lock end stops on the front axle to stop the tyres rubbing on the trailing arms, or did you put wheel spacers on. I have the same wheels as you and 255's and now have a very large radius turning circle/reduced lock because of them. I don't want to put spacers on as they knacker the wheel bearings. 

Any thoughts on this WESTERN ?

Well, knacker your wheel bearings or not, the only way to move your wheel out is either with spacers or a different offset wheel. 

Both have the same effect on the wheel bearing load, in practice though this is not really a problem. 

1 hour ago, Wave Mountain said:

Se7enUp. Did you have to adjust the lock to lock end stops on the front axle to stop the tyres rubbing on the trailing arms, or did you put wheel spacers on. I have the same wheels as you and 255's and now have a very large radius turning circle/reduced lock because of them. I don't want to put spacers on as they knacker the wheel bearings. 

Any thoughts on this WESTERN ?

I run 255/85 MT's, just tweaked the lock stops so tyre inner shoulder doesn't rub on full lock, IIRC mine has 20mm clearance, haven't had any problem with steering lock while driving. you just adapt to what is available without thinking about it. Not a great fan of wheel spacers.