k+n air filter.

kingdong

Hi all

i bought a defender 90/110 air filter box over the weekend the p/n on the box is ESR 0370 and the p/n on the air filter is FRAM CAK 253. can i fit a k+n air filter to the air box

cheers graham.

s11a swb bronze green.

as i said before the air filter will be conected to a snorkel which will be drawing in cleaner air.

why does the k+n air filter let in more dirt in the engine i thought the idear of spraying that sticky stuff all over the air filter is so the carp sticks to it.

graham.

Well, consider this, the reason the K&N is so popular is because it flows more air... To achieve this, there are larger "holes" in the filter which allow a little larger particle of dirt to pass compared to the paper filter. But at what point is it detrimental? Funny thing about the K&N... It will actually filter better when it is dirty... LOL. But it will also be more restrictive than when it was clean. The K&N theory is that the oil on the filter will help attract the dirt rather than let it pass... and in turn creating smaller holes to filter the air better...

I have a Cummins Turbo Diesel that I use a K&N on, and after over 150,000 miles I have no regrets and no problems with the engine... <knock on wood> Added benefit is the K&N makes alot more power than the paper element. (go figure)

I say if you want to run the K&N, run it...