small water leak

stripy

hi guys

its only a small leak and it only happens under pressure, seems to be running from the top of the block at the front just behind the timing case , a new water pump was fitted 2 months ago ,but its not from that, any ideas.

Did you change both gaskets when the water pump was done? If not, then that is probably the culprit. Details are in the tech archive I think

yep only changed one gasket, where's the other one :blink:

looked in the achive but the only 300 tdi water pump change i could find only showed the main gasket.

hi guys

its only a small leak and it only happens under pressure, seems to be running from the top of the block at the front just behind the timing case , a new water pump was fitted 2 months ago ,but its not from that, any ideas.

Looks like you've fallen into the same trap as I did Stripy. You'll need the P gasket, details and relevant link can be found here: Same Problem ;)

thanks guys

just need to get the gaskets & wait for a dry day :lol:

i wish i had known about it when i first done the job, still if a jobs worth doing its worth doing twice :ph34r:

peskey little leak.