Igntion Barrel Problems

Hi All..

When leaving the pub last night, I tried starting my 90 and it would seem the ignition barrel has failed. You put the key in and the first few movements are ok, it turns the ignition on, the aftermarket immobiliser turns off etc. when you go to start the engine the key would normally move further round (to engage starter motor) and then back to the normal on/running position - with mine the key moves round further but nothing happens, if you give it a bit of a wiggle when going back to the on/normal running position it sometimes starts!

I am assuming the ignition barrel is at fault here, but you know what they say about assumption! If it is at fault, can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap source and maybe a tech thread on replacement?

Thanks,

Matt

I had a similar problem with the disco only happened 3 times in over 18 months tho.... Resulting in me getting very stressed.... Took a flat head screwdriver, stuck it to the ignition barrel and gave it a wallop..... Then it worked fine...

Done the same thing the twice its happened since and worked fine straight away... Who knows, just something jamming inside....?

Now the immobiliser spider box has just started to play up so i need to pull the dash out and re-solder or bypass......

Hi All..

When leaving the pub last night, I tried starting my 90 and it would seem the ignition barrel has failed. You put the key in and the first few movements are ok, it turns the ignition on, the aftermarket immobiliser turns off etc. when you go to start the engine the key would normally move further round (to engage starter motor) and then back to the normal on/running position - with mine the key moves round further but nothing happens, if you give it a bit of a wiggle when going back to the on/normal running position it sometimes starts!

I am assuming the ignition barrel is at fault here, but you know what they say about assumption! If it is at fault, can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap source and maybe a tech thread on replacement?

Thanks,

Matt

About as cheap as they get new ... http://www.paddockspares.com/sp/category/D...__Switches.html