early 90 rear axle

We don't get many early 90s here, but am I right in thinking that from 84 to 94 the rear Rover axle had drum brakes, like the 110?

Hi Jim,

I can't remember the year they changed to disc's but certainly 84-90 were drums.....hope that helps!

Matt

We are actually trying to find out where the axles at the back of our 6x6 come from, as they are coil sprung Rover axles with drum brakes. I reckon it is safe to say they must be from a 90 then. Which means it will be easy to swop them for RR or Disco axles with disc brakes.

We don't get many early 90s here, but am I right in thinking that from 84 to 94 the rear Rover axle had drum brakes, like the 110?

Yes you are right enough in saying that..... Also diffs and shafts are different, same ratio just 10 spline....

Daniel....

We are actually trying to find out where the axles at the back of our 6x6 come from, as they are coil sprung Rover axles with drum brakes. I reckon it is safe to say they must be from a 90 then. Which means it will be easy to swop them for RR or Disco axles with disc brakes.

Just bear in mind that if you use the RR axle, you will need some drive flanges to fit the hub bolt pitch, and the correct imperial bolts. There's a post by me somewhere on here with the bolt details.