New Series Owner

Andy B

Hi guys,

I find myself reading this forum rather than posting on it to be honest, probably due to not owning a landy mind..but no longer! :lol:

i ended up buying a series 2 lightweight over the weekend with a friend... always fancied one, but never came across one decent enough at a fair price...

plus, this was a little 'different' to say the least..

and ive ended up with this:

lite1.jpg

question is, does anyone recognise it? know anything about it? i mean, its pretty recognisable, so im kind of hoping to find out a bit of its history.. it looks like its had a lot of money spent on it at some point...

made a quick start on it earlier today to make it look a little better:

hacked the nasty bumper off and carp roll cage out...

lite5.jpg

just need to put an original grill on it and stop it looking like a jeep wannabe :blink:

any help, comments, suggestions would be most welcome! :)

cheers guys!

Andy.

cheers :)

only had a chance to have a quick look over it to be honest..

so far v8 conversion (but the head gasket(s?) have gone), hefty lift - the spring packs have about 10-15 leafs in them! the fuel tank has been put behind the fron seats.. looks kinda neat actually! and other than the redicul,ous tyres, thats all that i can think of off the top of my head...

going to get it spruced up, swap a 3.5 rangie engine into it for ease (we have one sitting in the workshop), make it look more like a landrover, camo paint job, sort out any niggles with it and see how it goes is the plan.. :) should be fun if nothing else..

aye... i have wondered about the strength of the axles.... but i have no idea.. it doesnt look like its seen much "action" so im weary about the axles... but they should hold up alright as a gentle run around...

i was hoping someone would know the truck somehow and tell me that they knew the old owner and he'd upgraded them with superstrong axles that will never break :P but i think i may just have to be careful with them

i cant remember the sizing of the tyres to be honest... but they measure 15" wide at the tread (cant remember how big with the bulge) 36" tall on a 15x10.5" rim...

aye... i have wondered about the strength of the axles.... but i have no idea.. it doesnt look like its seen much "action" so im weary about the axles... but they should hold up alright as a gentle run around...

i was hoping someone would know the truck somehow and tell me that they knew the old owner and he'd upgraded them with superstrong axles that will never break :P but i think i may just have to be careful with them

i cant remember the sizing of the tyres to be honest... but they measure 15" wide at the tread (cant remember how big with the bulge) 36" tall on a 15x10.5" rim...

If the axles are standard dont do any fast take offs even on tarmac the halfshafts snap like carrots and with v8 on board its only a matter of time especially given the size of those boots!!!!