Got myself a Disco at last.!!

Goldie

Just been and bought a disco from a nice Japanese lady.

It is a 1996 V8i on an N plate with 60k on the clock. In a metalic turquoise. It is looking good.

One thing I did not know when I went to buy it was, it is from Japan. She brought it over from Japan approx 1 year ago, and now she is going back to live in Japan, so rather than ship the car back to Japan, she sold it to me. !!

I looked under the car as soon as I got there and I have to say, it is superb. Not an ounce of rust in sight. It really is like a 3 or 4 year chassis under there. Saw one little oil drip, checked it, coming from the power steering resevoir and not from the engine. It has not been cleaned to hide anything. When I had called about the car, there was someone interested, but, he did not want to buy it eventually. I asked why, and they told me that when he tested the car, he put it into dif lock, and it would not come out of dif lock without a lot of trouble. They took it to Land Rover dealer and they fixed it quite simply..

Got to say, absolute bargain...!!

I do have a proiblem though..!! While I was there, little oldish Japanese lady opened the bonnet for me... Now I am at home, I am buggered if I can opene it. I pull really hard on the handle and it wont budge in the slightest... How can a little woman do this and I cant..!!! Am I doing wrong by pulling? I tried pushing, I tried twisting (it twists maybe 45 degrees only)

Hope someone can help?

Cheers

Carl..

The handle pulls out, mine was quite stiff to pull :ph34r: but you knew when it moved, To actually open my bonnet though you had to budge the bonnet left as you opened it.

A friends needed someone to push down on the bonnet whilst someone else pulled the cable, I think that's the same as what Russ was saying

Guest DiscoTD4

Hi

are you trying to open the bonnet from the drivers seat ?

On mine it works better pulling from passenger side, it seems it needs a straight pull otherwise it binds.

BTW - my TDi300 is an import and like yours is in incredible condition underneath for the age.

Enjoy

Hi

are you trying to open the bonnet from the drivers seat ?

On mine it works better pulling from passenger side, it seems it needs a straight pull otherwise it binds.

BTW - my TDi300 is an import and like yours is in incredible condition underneath for the age.

Enjoy

I am, doing it from the passenger side, still standing out of the car, it is right there next to the A Panel, so I have a good stance and good pull. waiting for someont to come here and press the bonnet down for me..!!

I am not pulling the wrong handle am I?

LOL

I am, doing it from the passenger side, still standing out of the car, it is right there next to the A Panel, so I have a good stance and good pull. waiting for someont to come here and press the bonnet down for me..!!

I am not pulling the wrong handle am I?

LOL

you could drive down here and I will use my Landrover special tool No 1 to open it

seriously Goldie don`t force it, cos it will snap and then it`s a nightmare to strip the front end when you cant open the bonnet.

Russ