Radio Cassette player

Rogert

Hi Igot my discovery a month ago and its the first one I have had. I love but I do want to do some bits on it and one is to take out the Radio/cassette player and put in a cd player. That seems easy, but when I got a cd player from a guy on ebay, I found that my Radio/cassette player had a load of extra wires coming out from the back of the unit going into a white connector there are 5 wires as well as the others in the plugs on the righthand side of the unit. The cd changer didnt have these extra 5 wires. Whta are the extra wires and do I need a differnat cd changer

I am sure someone knows so please help TA

Any chance of a picture of the two different set-ups? Also a clue as to whether it's a 200, 300 or a TD5 Discovery...

If I knew how to get photos on here I could put 1 on I aTD5 i think I really dont know the differance I got a haynes book and looking at the picture it could be a 300 but someone else said it was a TD5 Its 1998 2.5 td thats all I know

Hi Igot my discovery a month ago and its the first one I have had. I love but I do want to do some bits on it and one is to take out the Radio/cassette player and put in a cd player. That seems easy, but when I got a cd player from a guy on ebay, I found that my Radio/cassette player had a load of extra wires coming out from the back of the unit going into a white connector there are 5 wires as well as the others in the plugs on the righthand side of the unit. The cd changer didnt have these extra 5 wires. Whta are the extra wires and do I need a differnat cd changer

I am sure someone knows so please help TA

You might mess up with the wiring. Here is the wiring for speakers and etc. None for cd changer, sorry.

post-8324-1216403561_thumb.jpg

If I knew how to get photos on here I could put 1 on I aTD5 i think I really dont know the differance I got a haynes book and looking at the picture it could be a 300 but someone else said it was a TD5 Its 1998 2.5 td thats all I know

Read the info thread at the very top of the forum thread list, it tells you how to add photo's to your posts.

click here to read the FAQ's