Station wagon side, sliding windows.

The sliding windies in the back of my 90 s.wagon are secured by the standard plastic, peg type clips.As the window slides on the outside of the fixed window I was wondering how to improve security as the pegs seem easy to break?

Anyone fitted anything extra? Thanks in advance.

I had the same concern after fitting a pait of aftermarket windows that use the same type of clip.

I don't like the look of the external guards, and I'm guessing that the internal ones would stop you from being able to slide the windows open (could be wrong, haven't looked at them properly).

I'm thinking about some sort of bar that could be fitted between the lock mechanism itself and the end of the non-moving window glass/central pillar - maybe suspended from the inside of the roof gutter, or spring loaded so that it can't be shaken out of position. Wouldn't stop someone from breaking the window like the guards above would - but if they want to do that then there would still be plenty of other windows for them to go for anyway.

If I ever get as far as making anything then I'll let you know - don't hold your breath though!!

Guest diesel_jim
I had the same concern after fitting a pait of aftermarket windows that use the same type of clip.

I don't like the look of the external guards, and I'm guessing that the internal ones would stop you from being able to slide the windows open (could be wrong, haven't looked at them properly).

The internal ones have a "slit" where you can stick your fingers through and operate the catch.