Wading Kit (Thread spec ?)

zim

Hello,

Ok... i've been reading the forum for ages, but never posted !

I'm about to get some fittings to make up some breathers, but am not 100% sure on what threads they are ?

Can someone confirm :

Defender Axel (1/4 bsp ?)

200 tdi Crank & Bell housing

The gearbox (LT77 / R380) and transfer boxes are on banjo bolts, but just out of interest what thread are they as well ?

And finally what is the normal size to drill and tap the Warn 8274's to install a breather on them ?

Thanks

Gordon

[quote name='zimsoundz' date='Jul 15 2008, 10:21 AM' post='288

The gearbox (LT77 / R380) and transfer boxes are on banjo bolts, but just out of interest what thread are they as well ?

And finally what is the normal size to drill and tap the Warn 8274's to install a breather on them ?

Thanks

Gordon

as far as i know the axels are 1/8bsp , as are the gearbox transfer are the same , and ive done my 8274 the same , all using 6mm nylon pipe , that way you allways have spare on the truck you can rob for other parts (my ARB,s are the same)

Thanks

Gordon

as far as i know the axels are 1/8bsp , as are the gearbox transfer are the same , and ive done my 8274 the same , all using 6mm nylon pipe , that way you allways have spare on the truck you can rob for other parts (my ARB,s are the same)

thanks.

so axels, gearbox & tfr box are all 1/8 bsp

what about the engine ?

i'm running a v8 and can only find 1 breather on that just above the fly wheel, but need to get some goodies for a diesel truck as well :)

Gordon

yep, 1/8 bsp, if you do a search on ebay for 1/8 bsp you'll find a company selling push fit 1/8 bsp elbows for 54p, and 4mm hose for 40p per metre... i bought 16 quids worth yesterday, enough to do the whole truck....

Guest diesel_jim
yep, 1/8 bsp, if you do a search on ebay for 1/8 bsp you'll find a company selling push fit 1/8 bsp elbows for 54p, and 4mm hose for 40p per metre... i bought 16 quids worth yesterday, enough to do the whole truck....

Do you have a link to them? i've got £15 sat in my paypal account burning a hole.... :rolleyes:

And adding to the fun - can anyone post up a list of what parts I'd need to fit breathers to a TD5.

(axles, gearbox, transferboxe etc)

Also roughly how much tube I'd need to buy - I'm planning to route the pipe up to the top of a snorkel.

Any info would be great as I SO don't want to pay £50 for a "proper" wading kit!!!!

sorry to pull this thread a bit off topic... but can i get to the breather connections on my gearbox and transfer box in order to change the banjo fittings for my new elbows, with uot pulling up the plate under the centre consol in my 300Tdi disco...???