Electrical gemlins strike again

Hi,

I put up a post several weeks ago about wipers coming on when main beam turned on. the general consensus was earthing problems. An auto electrician had it for a morning and put a new earthing strap on which seemed to fix the problem. However, three weeks later it started again but more dramatic. Same problem, but the headlights flicker, left indicator remains on and rear lights flicker too. Occasionally the problem continues even when I take the key out of the ignition. I have to take the wiper fuse out at the moment if not raining. I have checked all obvious wiring that I can see, and have seen no breaching in the insulation.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

I had a problem with my front wipers being constantly on when the engine was running but the wipers were actually off at the switch.

I had an auto electrician put an earth from the washer bottle motor to the body, did the trick for a very short while until it started again.

I then looked at the rear wiper connector within the back door and found that the wire had been rubbed in half, re connected and never had another problem with it.

May be of use :mellow:

I had a problem with my front wipers being constantly on when the engine was running but the wipers were actually off at the switch.

I had an auto electrician put an earth from the washer bottle motor to the body, did the trick for a very short while until it started again.

I then looked at the rear wiper connector within the back door and found that the wire had been rubbed in half, re connected and never had another problem with it.

May be of use :mellow:

Thanks for that. I am going to check all the looms with my cousin when I get back. Got to get it sorted because it's getting worse and getting on my t*ts!

I had a group of customers off roading with me. They had two Nissan Patrols and one Toyota Land cruiser. They had a low opinion of Land Rovers, so when light and indicator started flashing and wipers coming on, they had that knowing I told you sort of look about them. Off road though my LR was awesome, oh apart from bent track rod, but that was my mistake :( .

Cheers,

Paul