getting rid of the cat

wozza35

And dont forget that raceface has a 2" lifting kit on his bus when your wondering why the defender pipe doesnt just slip into place as described ;)

More than happy with mine now I've swapped.

I fitted a non cat downpipe to mine nearly 2 weeks ago, mpg has improved slightly i think and there is a slight increase in power, i found it easiest to unbolt the old unit and to then gently lift the body with a trolley jack on the gearbox cross member, not so your lifting the vehicle off the ground but just so your taking the weight of the vehicle off the front suspension but use a block of wood or something between the jack and the cross member, of course make sure the handbrake is on and wheels chocked etc, if yours has a front anti roll bar you will need to undo the rear clamps each side and allow the bar to swing down, i didnt want to lose the flexi on mine so paid a little more for one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=280225302888 the quality and fit seems fine