3 years old,, (well nearly)

TJ101

Guest WALFY

FF

You missed the point. I wasn' using the "99" as abadge of rank. I get that at work. It was being used to establish that I'd been around for a while and was a trustworthy character who isn't going to rip the forum off. To say otherwise is upsetting

Bish

Saying that he wouldn't send the books to a nigerian with a tenner donation and then saying he wouldn't send them to me or anyone else says the same thing. Sorry but that's the way I read it. And although I may not have a huge list of qualifications I do understand the Queen's English.

Do portals make your axles fall over?

yes if you dont bolt them on properly

why don't winch boys accept that hydraulic is better than electric?

i challenge your hydraulic against my leccie

are landcruisers actually better than landrovers?

no

why does my welding look like pigeon diarrhea?

coz you cant weld

What welder should i buy?

dont waste money hire a pigeon

Will the ancillaries from a 200tdi fit a 300tdi?

yes providing you use a big enough hammer

Walfy,

Tony did say any nice new member from Nigeria...not an old grumpy one like you :lol:

Can we get on with the important things like will Pugger's ever finish the portal truck...

Can Tangoman drive ?

Do portals make your axles fall over? No

why don't winch boys accept that hydraulic is better than electric? Coz they are not, Different folks for different strokes

are landcruisers actually better than landrovers? yes, landrover dont even come close

why does my welding look like pigeon diarrhea? maybe because you run your welder on prunes instead if electric

What welder should i buy? none, You shouldn't be allowed to buy one, your welding looks like diarrhea

Will the ancillaries from a 200tdi fit a 300tdi? anything will fit anything if you can be a**ed to mess with it for long enough

Walfy, you need to double check your English then:

im·plied –adjective involved, indicated, or suggested without being directly or explicitly stated; tacitly understood: an implied rebuke; an implied compliment.
in·ferferred, –verb (used with object)

1. to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence: They inferred his displeasure from his cool tone of voice.

2. (of facts, circumstances, statements, etc.) to indicate or involve as a conclusion; lead to.

3. to guess; speculate; surmise.

4. to hint; imply; suggest.

–verb (used without object)

5. to draw a conclusion, as by reasoning.

What you inferred (3) from Tony's comment is not necessarily what he implied, if indeed he intended to imply anything. Oh, and shut up :P

what axles are best for rooster tails and is there a particular engine size/BHP that is required.

Not Rover ones :P And anything that's not a TDi. :ph34r:

Can you rooster tail with a diesel?

No, although I believe there's a sexual practice of similar name that you probably could undertake in a diesel vehicle.

6. Fridge - leccy or hydraulic tyres.....?

I prefer pneumatic tyres, although if the poor power density and storage issues could be overcome, electric tyres would have a lot going for them.

Do portals make your axles fall over?

Yes, ask any expert. There were quite a few at Billing explaining to their mates how Mouse worked, or rather how it never would work...

why don't winch boys accept that hydraulic is better than electric?

They're on a more extreme mental plane.

are landcruisers actually better than landrovers?

Obviously, that's why we all have Land Rovers. The easy option is far less fun :lol:

why does my welding look like pigeon diarrhea?

Have you read this book?

Haynes_Welding_Manual.jpg

What welder should i buy?

One of Al's, you can guarantee it's been so buried under other welders it'll be pristine.

Will the ancillaries from a 200tdi fit a 300tdi?

Yes, of course. You don't even need to use bolts, gaffa tape will be fine.

Can somebody please explain to me what have brought up this sudden miss trust in the mods and the running of the site?

It never came to my mind to question the funding or books or "modding" I can only imagine there is a lot of work involved and I am very pleased that somebody sacrifices their time to keep us amused and informed.

Pugwash -

My welding looks like pidgeon pooh too :)

Pugwash -

My welding looks like pidgeon pooh too :)

yes but pugwash is actually using pigeon poo apparently it looks better than his actual welding :ph34r:

now you are getting really silly

OI i resemble that remark

who has the longer running vapour truck at the moment? i think you'll find it's you unless you want to lie and say the Tomcat is up and running!

OI i resemble that remark

who has the longer running vapour truck at the moment? i think you'll find it's you unless you want to lie and say the Tomcat is up and running!

the tomcat has driven under its own steam

Guest WALFY
Walfy, you need to double check your English then:

What you inferred (3) from Tony's comment is not necessarily what he implied, if indeed he intended to imply anything. Oh, and shut up :P

My interpretation of Tony's post was not as in your post a guess or speculation! It was a reasonable deduction with his use of the English language. If we are going into the semantics of the use of the Queen's English then please start another thread. I could say a lot of things here that you would deem to be rude and unjust, if you percieve them to be rude then that is your percecption and perhaps not what I implied.

This thread is about the rights of average forum members to see the books, and not travel the breadth of the country to do so.

And don't tell me to shut up either!!!! You can do that when you have earnt the right to do so!

Guest WALFY
if we keep going will this thread be locked and deleted as OT?

(which in my opionion it should be)

I don't see it being O/T. It has to do with the running of the forum, so that makes it ON topic. If you think otherwise there is no need for you to post.

I don't see it being O/T. It has to do with the running of the forum, so that makes it ON topic. If you think otherwise there is no need for you to post.

thanks for that lovely comment.

I guess you failed to notice that i was trying to get the thread away from slagging off tony

paul

Mark that's the way the accounts are looked after

if you want it another way start your self a campaign to be treasurer, you can have the sodding job.

My ideal is the accounts are safe and the forum financially safe WTF you want the accounts for I have no idea but they are here should you want to see them.

Bottom line is I am not sending them out,

if you don't like that then that's unfortunate, but they way it is going to be as long as I'm treasurer.

this whole carry on is getting on my nerves and wasting time I'd rather spend doing other things.

you are a long term member but that doesn't give you any more rights over the other 10k we have.

and before we got funds in it was the founding few who stood up to get this place running, this included making financial promises should it all go wrong,

it didn't so we are lucky,

but then pleasing all of you isn't an easy task and one I'm passed trying to do.

I'm treasurer if you want the job get some support and it is yours.

Guest WALFY

Infer and imply spring to mind here ;) .

I'm not slagging Tony personally. Just the policy of the forum not to make readily avail the accounts for interested parties to look at.

I have no problem with Tony at all. He does do a thankless task which lots of us wouldn't want to do.

Guest WALFY
Mark that's the way the accounts are looked after

if you want it another way start your self a campaign to be treasurer, you can have the sodding job.

My ideal is the accounts are safe and the forum financially safe WTF you want the accounts for I have no idea but they are here should you want to see them.

Bottom line is I am not sending them out,

if you don't like that then that's unfortunate, but they way it is going to be as long as I'm treasurer.

this whole carry on is getting on my nerves and wasting time I'd rather spend doing other things.

you are a long term member but that doesn't give you any more rights over the other 10k we have.

and before we got funds in it was the founding few who stood up to get this place running, this included making financial promises should it all go wrong,

it didn't so we are lucky,

but then pleasing all of you isn't an easy task and one I'm passed trying to do.

I'm treasurer if you want the job get some support and it is yours.

So glad I've spent the last 20yrs in uniform defending the right of democracy and not autocracy :( (is there such a word/?)

your choice Mark

I've spent the last 20yrs doing another thankless job

one with rules regs etc etc, not one where everyone decides what and how the place is run

Simple end to this get a some people to back you

you can have the job

can't say fairer than that.

then you can do with it as you wish.