challenge wings

I didn't have those tabs on the bar across the front of the rad. I would just slice a bit off till they don't touch any more.

At the bulk head they are supposed to be used in conjunction with a roll cage so I think you have some fab work to do there!

Cheers steve I do have a roll cage to go on.

I was just looking what they look like and ended up with a few questions.

I was meaning where the old wings bolt to the bulkhead? it leaves 4 big holes each side, maybe weld a plate over them? or cut 4 little plates and weld them into the hole?

what did you do regarding the bonnet catch?

The tabs are for putting bonnet pins through..at least thats what mine are used for :lol:

DSC00378.jpg

My rad is a tad further back with a full size intercooler in front of that

I never bothered with the front alloy plates either because with my driving the light need all the protection they can get :ph34r:

Guest WALFY
The tabs are for putting bonnet pins through..at least thats what mine are used for :lol:

DSC00378.jpg

I never bothered with the front alloy plates either because with my driving the light need all the protection they can get :ph34r:

I can't believe you copied the colour of my truck Les :o:o:P

Rob, your frame looks a long way back, is it as far forward as it would normally sit with the cage installed ? Could be why the tabs foul the rad ?

Mo

All I have done is bolt it in the 3 places

one bolt onto the bulk head and 2 to the chassis.

The engine side of the frame bolts to the bulk head and the other bolts line up so im asuming it sits where it should. it looks a little low to but as I have no bonnet to see how it would sit at the minute...

I need the tabs to use bonnet pins but fear my radiator wont last long

so its a case of move the tabs or move the radiator.

I would like to fit a full width intercooler and a 8274 so I might look into chopping the cowling about and moving every thing back a bit?

won a kenlowe fan for £40 over the weekend so I might have a plan ??

the anoying thing is im on 2-10 for the rest of the week so wont be able to touch it realy till sunday

Have a chat with shaun at North offroad if you have a ny queries. I must have spent 2 hrs on the phone discussing fitment & he was most helpful. Genuine guy.

The front tabs are for the stays that steady the front grill on the original grill panel. Youll probably not be using them if your running a winch. As for the side fixing, I used a length of 1" alli angle which I cut notches out to tigthen the securing bolts. You need to cut its out as there isnt enough clearance to get a spanner in. Ill going take the wing off quick & get some pics for you

Ade

DSC00378.jpg

What did you do to connect the heater ducting back up. Mine wouldnt fit within the tubing space where it should attach to wing top