Alarm deinstallation/installation

Fern

The story began when I lost my keyfob. So right now I'm opening my car with an emergency code which I enter with a key.

I've decided to install aftermarket alarm (which offers remote radio key, remote start and other nice features).

Meanwhile I was trying to deactivate alarm ECU just taking out the wires from it. But when I lock the doors alarm activates (I don't know how it does). This is the first question:

How to uninstall alarm in Disco I? Sure in disarmed state. How to remove alarm ECU? What makes alarm sound when ECU is switched off?

And the second question. As I said I want to install by myself aftermarket alarm (Alligator 875RS), did anybody done that by himself? What are the problems? Any directions? How to control spider unit or it should be removed?

The story began when I lost my keyfob. So right now I'm opening my car with an emergency code which I enter with a key.

I've decided to install aftermarket alarm (which offers remote radio key, remote start and other nice features).

Meanwhile I was trying to deactivate alarm ECU just taking out the wires from it. But when I lock the doors alarm activates (I don't know how it does). This is the first question:

How to uninstall alarm in Disco I? Sure in disarmed state. How to remove alarm ECU? What makes alarm sound when ECU is switched off?

And the second question. As I said I want to install by myself aftermarket alarm (Alligator 875RS), did anybody done that by himself? What are the problems? Any directions? How to control spider unit or it should be removed?

Hi, a lot of us have been down the same road, Bogmonster has done a listing months ago, try putting in a search for alarms on the forum, you will be surprised by what comes up. If I remember correctly the spider has'nt got a lot to do with the alarm ( some body will correct me if I'm wrong), you can get away with leaving the disco's alarm on and not using the original key fob this saves a lot of head scratching and throwing of hammers around the garage, best of luck

Hi, a lot of us have been down the same road, Bogmonster has done a listing months ago, try putting in a search for alarms on the forum, you will be surprised by what comes up. If I remember correctly the spider has'nt got a lot to do with the alarm ( some body will correct me if I'm wrong), you can get away with leaving the disco's alarm on and not using the original key fob this saves a lot of head scratching and throwing of hammers around the garage, best of luck

Sure I had searched the forum before I made a topic, the answers that I found do not cover my questions.

Sure I had searched the forum before I made a topic, the answers that I found do not cover my questions.

done a quick recap, the alarm ecu is in the passenger footwell small box green in colour with "lucas 10 AS " on it hope this helps.

done a quick recap, the alarm ecu is in the passenger footwell small box green in colour with "lucas 10 AS " on it hope this helps.

thanks, this helped:) actually i have switched off something, but not alarm box:) there is a black box near ECU with similar pinouts.

ok, now I found the alarm ECU, and spider also.

I have hardwired the pins on spider, which are 10-6, 8-4 according to BogMonster. Now I can release "the official BogMonster Bypass + (version 1.1)", for V8 motors you should also hardwire pins 2-3 which go for fuel pump. This works on mine ride. BogMonster should add this to his article in TechArchive.

I HAVE DONE IT!!!

I have successfuly removed the alarm ecu from my disco. To remove it I had to hardwire pins 10 and 11 on C274 connector (hardwire ground with Starter Solenoid Relay). This mights be also useful for somebody, that's why I do this post. Now I'm completely ready to install aftermarket alarm.