Accumate Battery Rechargers

pugwash

Following a recommendation on here (mark 90 i think- thanks mate) i recently bought a 7amp accumate professional battery recharger as the fridge keeps dischargeing the truck (i forget to turn it off and the truck doesn't move for days whcih utterly drains the batteries)

The vehicle was completely dead- no central locking, no vanity lights (not even a faded light) and turning the ignition did nothing. Have had the accumate on for 24 hours and it has totally resurrected the batteries- consdering i have 2 large batteries in parrallel i think that's blooming impressive as they were utterly discharged and i thought i might have killed them.

The unit is well built, can be wall mounted and even has long enough leads to reach outside the vehicle to charge when the garage is locked. Unit also has it's own themoregulation as well as voltage regulation to get the most out of the battery!

So if you need a battery charger that can maintain a battery over very long periods (ie months- although of course i haven't tested this bit yet) and charge your vehicle batteries from flat with no problems then i recommend the Accumate.

I have four of their 12V models to keep mine charged plus the van, bike and movers etc. and i swear by them also as they are 'very' intelligent and never cook the batteries.

High current cycle charging if it detects sulphation in the battery is also part of the design.

Not the cheapest at £40 each but i have used them on batteries for several years and they maintain them in tip top condition.

I reckon i should get a referral fee :P

I've used one of these for a couple of years.

My other toy is a Caterham 7 sportscar. It's great but only comes out when the sun shines.

In the winter is can sometimes go 3-4 months without use so often fails to start with a flat bettery.

I dought a Draper trickle charger but it boiled the batteries after a few weeks :(

I've had to replace a couple of very dead batteries over the years before a mate told me about the Accumate.

I bought one and have never had a starting problem since.

I can't recommend them enough B)

Guest diesel_jim
My other toy is a Caterham 7 sportscar. It's great but only comes out when the sun shines.

In the winter summer is can sometimes go 3-4 months without use so often fails to start with a flat bettery.

:lol::lol:

Love the UK!

but not the weather.... :(

Another fan here - my Optimate has resurrected several very dead batteries and can be left happily charging anything for weeks, months, etc. without damage. Used it on everything from big car batteries to motorbike ones to sealed UPS ones.