disco 300 tdi

as per my post earlier on i now own a disco 300 tdi on a p plate done 76k with full history for £250

just gotta see if i can get it to fit in my 90 now! so any advise on the sbject of getting the engine and box into a 90 would be of great intrest to me

thought about fixing the disco but think i like the old beaten up 90!

can anyone help me with getting pics uploaded to the forum cant seem to do it.

keep the LT77 from the Def and just change the defender lump over with new engine mounts.

you could also fit the 1.2 disco t box for better cruising speeds/economy - depends if you tow alot/live in a hilly area

take the rear disc axle off the disco and fit to the 90 (change flange i believe is all, i cant remember)

weigh in the disco

keep the LT77 from the Def and just change the defender lump over with new engine mounts.

you could also fit the 1.2 disco t box for better cruising speeds/economy - depends if you tow alot/live in a hilly area

take the rear disc axle off the disco and fit to the 90 (change flange i believe is all, i cant remember)

weigh in the disco

the problem i have is my lt77 box hax exploded and no longer useable ie trashed beyond repair

you can fit the disco R380 box but you will need to fabricate a new trans tunnel for it and the gear knobs will sit further back, not sure on the mountings, you may get away with just fitting the narrower 300tdi def g box cross member - not sure.

or sell it and fit a Def LT77 box or def R380 box

you can fit the disco R380 box but you will need to fabricate a new trans tunnel for it and the gear knobs will sit further back, not sure on the mountings, you may get away with just fitting the narrower 300tdi def g box cross member - not sure.

or sell it and fit a Def LT77 box or def R380 box

if they put r380 boxes in defenders could i not get the one from the disco converted to fit? the input shaft must be shorter for a def?

if they put r380 boxes in defenders could i not get the one from the disco converted to fit? the input shaft must be shorter for a def?

only 200Tdi & earlier engine with a R380 [such as mine] have a short mainshaft & bell housing.

all 300Tdi factory built Defenders have a long mainshaft & longer bell housing, in these the engine sits over the front axle & much further forward than in earlier vehicle thier engines sit behind the front axles centreline, so in effect they are mid-engined.