Help no indicators

Im currently having a huge amount of grief with the indicators on my 1992 200tdi 90. I currently have no indicators at all, a forum search showed that the problem could be in the hazards switch but 4 times out of 5 my hazards work without a fault. Ocasionaly the right hand side lights dont come on straight away but they eventualy work.

Since the hazards are working am i right in asuming the problem could be with the indicator stalk itself?

The hazard switch also controls the indicators, if your hazard switch doesn't switch properly then it will effect the indicators.

I would prove the hazard switch by substitution first.

HTH

*edit* Having just re-read your post, you've actually answered your own question, your hazards should work 5 out of 5 times when you switch them on, your hazard switch looks faulty.

Also check your flasher relay. My hazards/indicators went totally insane earlier this year after some wading. Indicators would only work after hazards were used. Hazard switch replacement did nothing. Re-earthing lights/dash did nothing.

Cause: Flasher relay [one of the big towing relays] full of mud and water. :rolleyes: