disabling ABS

lemains

Assuming it's the same system as the Defender TD5, you want the 10A fuse that goes from the ignition to the ECU, thus fooling the ABS into thinking the ignition is off. This could lead to side-effects, such as the rev-counter not working.

If you take out the fuses to the pump and/or modulator, the ECU will remain active and go into fault mode.

Right,

There are three ABS fuses according to my owners manual.

Two in the fuse box in the engine compartment (ABS pump & ABS valve) and one under the dash.

So there are side effects? :(

Thanks,

You want to take out the one under the dash. ;)

I can't speak for a Disco, but on my Defender the after market revcounter stopped working when I pulled the fuse. As a DII has a rev counter as standard, I guess chances are it won't be affected.

You will get the warning lights offcourse, both the ABS one and the general brake/handbrake warning (again, info from a Defender). The latter can be a bugger if you forget to release the handbrake...

But I suggest you just go and try it, and report back. Nothing serious can go wrong. :ph34r:

Slightly off topic, I found out yesterday (when almost missing a turn on a wet road) that the P38a's ABS continues to function even with the warning on and one sensor badly knackered!

You want to take out the one under the dash. ;)

I can't speak for a Disco, but on my Defender the after market revcounter stopped working when I pulled the fuse. As a DII has a rev counter as standard, I guess chances are it won't be affected.

You will get the warning lights offcourse, both the ABS one and the general brake/handbrake warning (again, info from a Defender). The latter can be a bugger if you forget to release the handbrake...

But I suggest you just go and try it, and report back. Nothing serious can go wrong. :ph34r:

Slightly off topic, I found out yesterday (when almost missing a turn on a wet road) that the P38a's ABS continues to function even with the warning on and one sensor badly knackered!

cool

will test