V8 on carbs...oil choice

I have some old Castrol R going spare from previous racing days and wondered if it would do the V8 any harm.

It is the carb one and an '84 model so if I give it a good flush out what do ya recon ? it would save buying some for the time being and I could charge people to sniff my exhaust. :D

What rating is it? V8s like good old fashioned treacly 20W50, anything thinner makes them sound like a bag of nails. They shove it round in volume at low pressure so the thicker the better! :lol:

Put a small cupful in a tank of petrol. Did it for years on motorbikes just for the smell. Ah! Memories!

Don't overdo it though 'cos (in theory) it will weaken the mixture. (Think you'd need to use a hell of a lot to do that though)

Put a small cupful in a tank of petrol. Did it for years on motorbikes just for the smell. Ah! Memories!

Don't overdo it though 'cos (in theory) it will weaken the mixture. (Think you'd need to use a hell of a lot to do that though)

Used to do that with my Ariel Arrow (two stroke twin), especially after a day at Oulton Park :D