cd changer

kindwarf

Hi Im a new Disco owner I would like to say hello to you all, bought it last week 95 300 SE traded a 3.2 Trooper petrol as part payment very pleased with the Disco slow compared with the Trooper but far better on fuel. Just a ew questions about the radio and CD changer firstly, I think the radio is a Phillips it has a square digital readout in the top right of the unit would this be a Phillips, secondly there wasnt a cd player in it so I bought one of Ebay but it hasnt been delivered yet, theres a cable with a multi plug under the passenger seat I thought they were under the drivers seat, are the cd players compatible with all land rover radio's and does the multi plug run every thing speakers included, only my old sony used to have seperate phono leads, and lastly some times when I press the remote volume button on the binacle to turn the volume up it some times changes the station and other times it works fine is this a common fault or am I unique with this problem. Thanks in advance

Not all head units are compatible with cd, and as u have a 95 300 series it's a 'may be not' and only radio/cassette, the display should be top l/h side. If u have a mute/mode button (the first of the 12 function buttons) toggle through radio,cassette or cd to find out.

The multi cable handles everything.

The remotes do their one thing, common prob, u can try a spray of switch clean or be like me and just use the head unit controls.

And WELCOME

Regards

Is it an original LR Head unit or an aftermarket unit? If it is the original unit, check the model as some are compatible with CD changers. I have a LR head unit and Alpine CD changer and it connects via the plugs under the passenger seat. You must be careful to get a changer that works with this type of connection. It varies a lot.

Is it an original LR Head unit or an aftermarket unit? If it is the original unit, check the model as some are compatible with CD changers. I have a LR head unit and Alpine CD changer and it connects via the plugs under the passenger seat. You must be careful to get a changer that works with this type of connection. It varies a lot.

Got it sorted cd player arrived from ebay, but it didnt work, got worried, borrowed some of those things to release the radio pulled out and found that the cable was not there but found it down the back of the dash plugged it in and jobs a goodun even works with remote controls on the dash.