Billing, what did people think?

Worst bit

• having to take a phone call from the arena events organiser telling me to slap fridge for his afore mentioned colourful display of throttle usage.
  • Having half our stand taken up by APB :angry:

Best bit

• giving fridge a slap for his afore mentioned colourful display of throttle usage!! ;)
  • Looking in the mirror of Ryans truck on the way back from the arena and seeing Jen in the drivers seat of Mouse with the biggest grin I've ever seen!!!

Generally I'm not a big fan of Billing... too many stories of thefts and vandalism, too cramped... Eastnor wins hands down if you ask me. But having said that the organisation was much better this year and security actually seemed quite good. The usual gripes about unclean facilities seem to have been dampened this year which is a good thing :)

But with good company, any show can be good ;)

Jules... glad you made it home ok!

Got home about 9ish last night and am absolutely exhausted today :closedeyes:

Some picamatures from the weekend. I've only just got photobucket, so I hope everything uploads properly (they might be a bit on the large size as I don't think I reduced them enough)...

Eddie and Mouse:

Billing2008001.jpg

Certain chap from Wiltshire wanders by:

Billing2008004.jpg

Keeping up the traditions of something breaking on a Land Rover at a show, I give you....Mr Fridge Freezer! Ably assisted by SLRC Chairman of Vice, Rich (D-Lander):

Billing2008011.jpg

Sprocket - do you think she wants something:

Billing2008019.jpg

Lennox going for the drool record:

Billing2008035.jpg

Attempted poisoning of Vince as he is force-fed a vegetable:

Billing2008033.jpg

Vince - tomato balancing at its best:

Billing2008053.jpg

2008 HOFS t-shirts always look better on the female of the species:

Billing2008056.jpg

Jez in philosophical/thoughtful pose:

Billing2008058.jpg

Stazworks patented wood burner thingy:

Billing2008061.jpg

I won't say it was a tight fit...I think SimonR might be too tall for Mouse...

Billing2008066.jpg

Jules keeping the tradition alive on Sunday:

Billing2008070.jpg

The glamorous side of Billing - Zuz:

Billing2008077.jpg

...and Jen (who might still be grinning):

Billing2008082.jpg

I enjoyed it - I think the weather being better than expected helped.

I spent too much money on a new set of MTs and a bling Griffin Performance exhaust - and BigSi made it worse by talking me into a new Mantec wheel carrier, but then the new spare doesn't fit on the door properly.

Jenny and myself enjoyed meeting all of those names and putting faces to them. Thanks to Dieter and Hendrik on the D&G Tuning stand, Hendriks dad did a great job of host by keeping the Belgium beer flowing, thanks for your hospitality guys, great to meet you.

Mouse was given a dose of looking at from every possible angle, thanks to Jez and Zuz for your insight and advice on Ladoga and car building. Nice to put a face to Fridge.

Had a good night on Saturday with Dom providing the entertainment, you must come on here and say something Dom, your English is perfick.

I had an excellent weekend possibly the best bit being the arena on sunday, the immense cock ups from the commentator not to mention the giggles from jen and zuz in mouse, but by far the best bit was watching the ring managers face as fridge went sideways :lol:

Bargains didnt seem plentiful but there was a few and the plastic pot stand was like car builders heaven :ph34r:

Will.

Jules... glad you made it home ok!

Got home about 9ish last night and am absolutely exhausted today :closedeyes:

Me too :( I got home at about 8.45 ish

I dropped the 406 off at about 8.ish at the lab and I can confirm I have towed lighter Range Rovers than that Pug..

Towing on a 45 deg 4' bar was interesting at times on country lanes :huh::lol: and not having the slightest idea which direction was quite entertaining.

That what make it so much fun

I can confirm I am still grinning and everyone at work is throughly bored of stories about big yellow portal trucks :blush:

...although the grin did falter slightly when I realised Ryan posted a pic of my bum... it's because I called your truck Gary isn't it.... :angry:;):lol:

Glad you got the Rangie and Zuz home safe Jules :)

I took the missus for a few hours yesterday after collecting the series roof from Ivans and as we were only 20 mins away it would of been rude not have gone

got a few odds n ends

and if anyone saw a disco with a series roof held on with a strap and some thin guy rope on either the M1 or the M6 it was me

I went on the Friday & Saturday, and as usual there were good things & not so good things.

I managed to put a couple of faces to names, which was very nice. Nice meeting you Chris & Mark!

I did get to see Mouse B) (i think I beat that dog in terms of drool length!) & I did want to say hello to Jez & introduce myself, but he was talking to someone & I didn't want to disturb him. Looked around for Fridge but couldn't find him, which was disappointing.

Security was better than before, but I had to drive in to have a wheel fitted, and as I was only going to 4x4 Sites stand which was right near the enterance, and even though I had a vehicle pass, it still took me 20 minutes to explain to the prick lovely person on the gate where I was going. :angry:

Loved the Camel Trophy stand. Saw some superb Series 1's & 101's.

The highlight for me was the Ithende Overland Trailer stand. I have debated getting one for awhile now, now I REALLY want one!!

Catering is a bit pants at Billing.

Martin

Guest diesel_jim
Catering is a bit pants at Billing.

I went on saturday, the missus kicked me out of bed early-o'clock on saturday, so i arrived at Billing at about 08.15hrs. so went for a coffee and breakfast burger... there were only 3 other people sat there with me! great!!

wandering around at that time, it was like an off road camping meet... people getting up, farting and scratching their arses as they fell out of their tents.

i bought a few bits, some OME dampers from devon, a very tidy defender door, complete, (nearly complete with Les and Neils' blood on it.... i didn't see you, honest! :lol::lol: )

as usual, could have spent much more... :(

We had a fab time on the Xeng stand

The Shire club were more than welcoming and the sight of Si trying to get back out of Mouse will stay with me for a very long time - he turned every which way and he still couldn't slide out! We hiccuped 'home' with luminous bands round our heads having sampled Jez's vodka.

The Belgians were very hospitable too. Xeng is evidently going to have to up the ante on the entertaining side. A properly cooled bar with three beers on draught was very impressive. Put our bags of nuts to shame.

We had a good drive home with a much lighter van and Si has spent the day moving into bigger and better premises. Can't wait for next year

Sarah

Great to see so many of you again, and thanks to Jez/Vince/John for another set of 4 links for new motor build.

Best bit was lancaster1.jpg

Worst bit arena display of how (not) to drive a challenge truck, gives out wrong image .

Peter

Have to say that Jules is a knight in a shinning rangie :)

I think he would have thought 2x to tow me back if he knew how much the dog in the boot weights :lol:

He did brilliantly and for once it wasn't a landrover being towed.....

I have got square eyes from staring at his RR tow pack from a "very " short range thou !

Thanks!

Zuz

Best bit was lancaster1.jpg

Was the Lancaster due to attend? Or was it a coincidence that it was flying over Billing? Was great to see though, and typically I didn't have the big lens on the camera! Doh!

The Shire club were more than welcoming and the sight of Si trying to get back out of Mouse will stay with me for a very long time - he turned every which way and he still couldn't slide out! We hiccuped 'home' with luminous bands round our heads having sampled Jez's vodka.

I did say that you looked much better in it ! :lol:

The Belgians were very hospitable too. A properly cooled bar with three beers on draught was very impressive.

That is lethal :o:lol:

I had a good day out at Billing, doing a day trip for the first time instead of camping. No rain, pleasant company and a pair of new strong diff pans made it a very good day out, finished off with a good nosh up in the Little Chef on the way home :)

Mo

Having only made it to one Billing i would have liked to attend this year but its a little costly from these parts and besides its no fun without a Zuk to take into the show :P So pray tell me someone what is the misbehaviour has been mentioned that seem to be amusing to some and not others, dam i hate missing out on fun things. Having only seen John drive like an old woman i cant believe he could become a bad boy :blink:

Well I'd better put my thoughts as i started this...

I went on the sunday :). Only the 3rd time at billing :o

Best Bits :

-Finally Getting to see Mouse in the flesh

-Listening to mouse

-Seeing Fridge's nut, bolt and rivet counting resto in the flesh

-Meeting Jez, nice to put a physical face to a name, not just a mud splattered face from the ladoga pictures

-Seeing the D & G 90 in the flesh and seeing their buggy as more than an engine, seat and cage on youtube

-Putting faces to forum names having seen people like Chris Abel in his truck on the Twist off

-Seeing the twist off for the first time

-Hearing Buster other than on a Youtube video

-Got some nice videos of the off road course :)

-Jims truck going on its side

-Terrapod ride :) (yes i know its probably carp, but its the best i can get)

-Seeing some trucks i have wanted too: Jims, mouse, abel's, D&G, DLander etc

-The Skip company is going to be P!ssed off about the skip being mangled

Worst Bits :

-Hearing about the vandalism/things getting stolen :angry:

-Not having time to have as long a look at everything i wanted to

-Not meeting as many forumers as i wanted

-Looking down the list of traders in front of me and thinking...i wish i'd had a look at their stand

-watching the course and thinking i won't be able to do it for years :(

-not being able to find anywhere selling a Cappuchino :angry:

-Not having an empty wallet because i have spent it all on parts for a truck

-Fridge missing the Scrapiron sign...should have gone to specsavers ;)

I watched the Shires club in the ring, why did fridge have to get a slap? i was watching from the britpart side so what did i miss?

Shires Dlander broke its number plate?

How about forum Tshirts for next time?

I watched the Shires club in the ring, why did fridge have to get a slap? i was watching from the britpart side so what did i miss?

Just as we were leaving, Fridge allegedly pressed the loud pedal and allegedly tried to do donuts... :ph34r:

Both Fridge and Rich (D-Lander) also allegedly tried to climb the skips, resulting in said number plate accident... :ph34r:

Allegedly there was no problem when Jeremy whatsit pressed the loud pedal on Richard Hammond's Buster <_<

With pleasure ! Was nice to tot alk to all of you

We promised someone a small T shirt and had too much beer and vodka and cider to remember where to send it in Belgium so please let me know.......

I'm trying to persuade Si to have some more Xeng keyrings made, the ones with the bottleopener and spanner bits. He's trying to persuade me to buy a range rover sport. Watch this space to see who caves in first.

Sarah

We promised someone a small T shirt and had too much beer and vodka and cider to remember where to send it in Belgium so please let me know.......

I have been trying to talk you out of your T-shirt for years and yet one little boy, you give in right away. Phooey! :P

Chris

I have been trying to talk you out of your T-shirt for years and yet one little boy, you give in right away. Phooey! :P

Chris

Chris in no way could any of MY T-shirts be described as small.

:P

Sarah xx