LPG related problem on petrol ?

V8 ran brilliant yesterday when I moved it but today it only runs on four on petrol.

Switch to LPG and all is fine so I suspect a carb problem.

Any carb problems like this common to LPG/petrol V8 engines and any quick fixes as it's parked due to lack of time to problem solve :(

V8 ran brilliant yesterday when I moved it but today it only runs on four on petrol.

Switch to LPG and all is fine so I suspect a carb problem.

Any carb problems like this common to LPG/petrol V8 engines and any quick fixes as it's parked due to lack of time to problem solve :(

I have the very same problem on my V8 90, which appeared not long after converting to LPG. I drive permanently on LPG as it starts and runs fine from cold, so I never have an occasion to use petrol. I still haven’t rectified the problem, where it seems to run on no more then four and won’t tick over when on petrol, but have found that if started and run (albeit badly on petrol), and then left four half and hour or so and then restarted it comes to life perfectly on petrol as if nothing was ever wrong, yet a week later it will be back to its old tricks!

Seems like a carb problem then.

I've been advised to give them a good soaking in carb cleaner and to always switch to petrol before turning off for the night. post-10430-1216851498.gif This means starting on petrol and lubricating the carbs every day.

Going to try it anyway as the missfire is doin my crust in post-10430-1216851593.gif

Seems like a carb problem then.

I've been advised to give them a good soaking in carb cleaner and to always switch to petrol before turning off for the night. post-10430-1216851498.gif This means starting on petrol and lubricating the carbs every day.

Going to try it anyway as the missfire is doin my crust in post-10430-1216851593.gif

Carbs often give problems if not used with petrol because the remains of the old petrol can cause gummy deposits which block jets for example.

By running it occasionally on petrol it will keep everything moving and stop the jets from blocking. How often it needs to be done is a matter of opinion and vehicle! I used to run my 2.25 on petrol for just a few miles on the way home from work every week.

If you can get it running on petrol (even if badly), it may clear itself after a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Carbs often give problems if not used with petrol because the remains of the old petrol can cause gummy deposits which block jets for example.

By running it occasionally on petrol it will keep everything moving and stop the jets from blocking. How often it needs to be done is a matter of opinion and vehicle! I used to run my 2.25 on petrol for just a few miles on the way home from work every week.

If you can get it running on petrol (even if badly), it may clear itself after a while.

Problem is that one of the carbs has a sticky shut off valve and it floods one carb when swithching over after running a long time on gas.

Just need to get the time to find out which one, I've put a capfull of Castrol 'R' in the tank to see if it will lubricate the shut off valves for now, I've also filled the dashpots up with it so it should smell nice :D