Posting Pictures

Billyw

How do you post pictures on the forum. I have managed to get picture onto photo bucket.com but i'm still not sure how you get them onto the forum as it seams really complicated.

I'm not sure what you put in what box in regards to http:// IMG @ QUOTE CODE List etc. Have tried to follow the tutorial at photo bucket but its still not clear to me as I'm not that technical on the computer. :rolleyes:

How do you post pictures on the forum. I have managed to get picture onto photo bucket.com but i'm still not sure how you get them onto the forum as it seams really complicated.

I'm not sure what you put in what box in regards to http:// IMG @ QUOTE CODE List etc. Have tried to follow the tutorial at photo bucket but its still not clear to me as I'm not that technical on the computer. :rolleyes:

Hi

Once you have uploaded an image to any of the picture hosting websites [i use Image Shack - www.imageshack.us ] then you have a url [or web address for the image].

Copy the address, then click the button IMG on The Addict text entry page and a box will open.....paste in the web address, making sure you don't repeat the first bit [http://] all you need is the bit from www. onwards.

Job done.

Neil

Neil is correct but if you are really non IT then this may be a more easily understandable version:

1. Mininize your picture to the max (this will make it's uploading for the forum users quicker and easier) using something like photoshop or one of the share ware programs like Irfan View.

2. Upload your now minimized picture to the host site - PhotoBucket is fine.

3. Minimize the host site.

4. Start your post on the forum and where you want to put the picture you use the IMG button with the mouse (left click).

5. re-open the minimized host site and using your mouse "copy" the URL address next to your picture.

6. Minimize the host again.

7. place mouse cursor on the window that the IMG button opened and the right click on your mouse and then left click on the "Paste" option.

8. Now finish the post and pre-view or Add Reply.

All done.

To add another picture just repeat the above process.

Adam

Before I have a go at posting some pictures, I uploaded them to photobucket which supposadly resized them in the process.

From everyones experience, is this resizing enough, or should I resize prior top uploading to Photobucket

Cheers

Martin

Hi Billy. Sorry for the delay as I have only just been able to log on here again. ?????????

Depends what Photo Editing you are using but for Paint Shop Pro 7 it's : Image > Rezize > Pixels width. Insert, say 640 pixels wide.

Tick "Maintain Aspect Ratio" OK.

640 pixels seems to be good compromise for those still on Dialup & being able to see details. Not every one is on Broadband & may not even have the possibility. Swops & scl to name but two.

Also check out Stephen's post in the Discovery Forum for some good info.

That's it really. Give it a whirl & see how you go. :)

Example of 640 wide. Being VJ (Victory in Japan) Day here (they can call it VP Day if they like to make it easier on the Nips) I thought this image may be appropriate. Late Uncle's Lockheed Hudson aircraft, A16-67 over Darwin & in which he was shot down in the first couple of days of WW2. Age. 21. He was a Wireless Air Gunner. The mid upper turret has not been fitted yet in this image, & shows the fairing over the mount from it's ferry flight from the USA.

Lockheed_Hudson_A16_67_RAAF.jpg:rolleyes: