Wiring and ECU confusion

jules

I'm sorting out the small fire and two wires from the ECU loom have been affected

I'm struggling to find the ECU wiring diagram to work out what these two wires do.

I have a gray and yellow wire and a yellow wire which I can't for the lift of me work out what there for..

OK its for the racer

5.3 V8 with a Dizzy the car was built with a 4.6v8 in 2001

I will get the ECU part number later

Its a 1989 110 which has a 100' RRC chassie and a 2year old engine and none of the ecu loom wires rings any bells with me and I've built three defender 4.2 V8 auto convertions and spliced the looms so I'm a little confused as to what the system is off.

Flapper or hotwire?

Want to buy a MegaSquirt? ;)

Very tempting but I'm racing in two weeks and will you have it built and tuned in time as my ECU could well be fried

PRC 8702 and the date code is 2490

the other number is 80200 ??

I'm sorting out the small fire and two wires from the ECU loom have been affected

I'm struggling to find the ECU wiring diagram to work out what these two wires do.

I have a gray and yellow wire and a yellow wire which I can't for the lift of me work out what there for..

My Haynes shows a 1990 circuit for a RR classic so there may be some sort of read-across.

Yellow ECU pin 6 to road speed transducer Via 'Main cable connector'

Yellow ECU Pin 3 to throttle pot

Gray/Yellow ECU Pin 17 to Purge Control Valve (where fitted)

That's all I can see in the hot-wire EFI circuit but there may be others in the main loom.

Steve

My Haynes shows a 1990 circuit for a RR classic so there may be some sort of read-across.

Yellow ECU pin 6 to road speed transducer Via 'Main cable connector'

Yellow ECU Pin 3 to throttle pot

Gray/Yellow ECU Pin 17 to Purge Control Valve (where fitted)

That's all I can see in the hot-wire EFI circuit but there may be others in the main loom.

Steve

Yep that's exactly what I read as well but in reality the gray and Yellow is the ignition live and the yellow was the A/C upping the revs for the fans.

I stripped down the lot and thought about it found a burned out stub on the ignition barrel (looks like its a very late 4lt disco loom.

It runs fine so the ECU survived