90 upgrade options

Hi all you conversion experts - advice needed on what will fit what :)

I have a 1984 2.5NA 90 and a mate who is scraping a 300tdi disco. I want to fit power steering and was going to use later model 90 but wondered if the disco kit would fit and if it is a difficult job? Also have been thinking about fitting rear disc brakes and read that best way is to use later 90 full axle but again could I use the rear axle from the disco.

rear disc axle from a Discovery will fit, no problem there.

for the power steering, I'm not sure if a 300Tdi pump & bracket will fit the earlier engine, bits from a TD 90 or 110 or from a 200Tdi 90 will fit.

Thanks Western - is the axle a simple swap or do I need to modify any part of the chassis/brackets, etc?

The 300tdi pump will have a serpentine stylee pully rather than v-belt - don't suppose thats a show stopper but by the time you've mucked about it might be easier to get a TD or 200tdi pump??

If his engines any good just drop the whole thing in and as well as not having to heave the steering wheel round you won't have to row the NA along either ;)

• 3 weeks later...
If his engines any good just drop the whole thing in and as well as not having to heave the steering wheel round you won't have to row the NA along either ;)

Thanks Eightpot - wish I could but he needs the engine for the other disco he has where he blew the engine up :D Looks like I'll stick to looking for a later defender for the power steering.

Thanks to all for their helpful comments.