New Zealand?

Anyone know where I might find a decent overlander with fridge and tent in New Zealand?

Shipping mine will cost around £3,500

To what buy or hire

Can hire a Toyota Troopie or 100 Series easy in NZ with fridge and roof tent , same as you can in Aus.

Although cost a bit a week to hire , but still cheaper than shipping a car over for a trip around the islands

Here is Britz they do trucks for hire that you can off road with and do fridges and roof tents for them

Britz

Hey Reds

Thansk for the tip, luckly I have a friend in Wanaka, so am looking into the buying option, then getting my mate to sell it after, so it is still cheaper then a rental...

been looking at these to buy:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-167222225.htm

or ( my fave ):

regardless would be amazing to buy this one purly because is a lovely old wagon:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-164218325.htm

So, gonna look into this option first I think as it make more sense, then depending what happens will buy some esential parts here and take them with me... Might have some questions abotu that?

Hi Badger,

My brother is living on the South Island just out of ChCh -Rangiora and is a bit of a off road nut too , there's a bit of a gang that regularly 'go bush' wild camping and off roading up into the southern alps - if you want another contact , pm me and I'll give you his contact details. NZ is a lovely place to travel , hope you have a good trip. How long are you going for?

post-1339-1217192417_thumb.jpg

East coast beach

post-1339-1217192581_thumb.jpg

Snow down on the lowlands this year

Cheers

Steveb

Hi Steve

thanks for this, yeah it's is an amazing spot, every type of enviroment in one spot and i really cant wait to get back.

im just sorting out buyinga motor right now, hopefully this TD5 i got my eye on is still all good...