TD5 immobiliser

Mean Green

I was doing some work on the Disco this morning and when I was finished I left it unlocked in the drive for probably 2 hours.

When I jumped back in it would not start. I locked it and unlocked and it started first time.

Is this a trait of the immobiliser or do I have a problem?

I was doing some work on the Disco this morning and when I was finished I left it unlocked in the drive for probably 2 hours.

When I jumped back in it would not start. I locked it and unlocked and it started first time.

Is this a trait of the immobiliser or do I have a problem?

Passive Immobilisation:

- 30 secs after ignition has been turned off and driver's door opened

- 5 minutes after ignition has been turned off

- 5 minutes after disarming theft alarm

Passive Immobilisation:

- 30 secs after ignition has been turned off and driver's door opened

- 5 minutes after ignition has been turned off

- 5 minutes after disarming theft alarm

Thanks. Confirmed what I thought. Just wanted to make sure it was not going to be a problem.

Bogmonster is strictly correct, however I have got into difficulties, and the only way it would start was by locking, and waitin the 20 sec or so for the dash led to start flashing slowly, then unlock. It seemed to be something to do with a combination of switching off & waiting without opening door ?

That points to the passive coil being faulty, so it isn't detecting the fob close to the ignition barrel. Nothing else will go wrong because of it, so if you can live with it then you can save the cost of repair!

Guest DiscoTD4

my TDi300 does exactly the same thing, I have to press the unlock button on the keyfob, it's starting to be a pain so I'm going to investigate a bit further.

Regards