Disco 200tdi into Defender

JST

Hi Guys am new to this forum, i am just about to convert my TD to a Disco 200TDI as i managed to snap my camshaft just at the pulley :S, see picture below.

I am wondering if i need to move my engine mounts for the 200TDI to fit?? and if there is anything else that i might need to know before undertaking this swap??.

Cheers Josh.

post-32567-0-13064300-1311874848_thumb.jpg

you don't need to move the mounts, just swap take the brackets off your TD engine and stick them on the disco TDI.

There are a couple of other things you'll need to note, lining up bellhousing, intercooler, exhaust - have a look through the archives and technical section and it's all there.

Hi Guys am new to this forum, i am just about to convert my TD to a Disco 200TDI as i managed to snap my camshaft just at the pulley :S, see picture below.

I am wondering if i need to move my engine mounts for the 200TDI to fit?? and if there is anything else that i might need to know before undertaking this swap??.

Cheers Josh.

post-32567-0-13064300-1311874848_thumb.jpg

the 200tdi camshaft & the 2.5 TD camshaft are one & the same, as is the camshaft from a 2.5 n/a diesel engine, so you could swap theses over, BUT it needs the cylinder head removing to extract the cam followers & the timing case complete to allow the camshaft to be removed from the engine block.

A friend of mine said he thinks that the person before has moved the engine mounts for sum reason?.

I will take a photo and post it, There is marks were it looks as tho welds have been cut.

all i really no is that its a 2.5 turbo diesel with a LT77 gearbox, so i will need a down-pipe, back-plate?.

Cheers Josh.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys not been on for a while, have finally got my 200TDI into my TD but now i am struggling with fuel lines and electrics :/. Can any one help me out i am going to use the old alternator which looks as though it will make my life a bit easier.

Cheers Josh

Wiring is the same for both engines - fuel cut off, oil pressure sender, temp sender, glow plug wiring (unless you intend to fit the glow plug timer, which isn't really needed). The Disco alternator has different connections (TD has Anderson plug, whereas Disco has eyelets). You'll have to alter the wire ends if you're using the Disco alternator, but that's all. Fuel flow direction is marked on the filter housing top cover and possibly on the top of the lift pump as well.

Les.