part external roll cage

Here you go.

Sorry for the picture quality. they are off my phone. If you want any better ones just ask and I will see what I can do.

This is a Protection and Performance one, which I modified a bit to suit what i wanted. The pics were taken when I was fitting it and modifying it hence the weld and missing paint!

DSC00098.jpg

IMG_0501smaller.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

Rgds

Pete

Pete,

Does the main B pillar hoop lean forwards or is it vertical? The reason I ask is I think on my 90 a vertical hoop would put the connection through to the external cage right through the alpine light.... or am I missing something?

How close is the hoop to the top of the bulkhead and how close is the bottom to the bottom of the bulkhead?

Sorry for all the questions! I just don't want to have to change my roof if I don't have to!!

Cheers,

Bish.

Hey Bish,

The main hoop is vertical. The ears for want of a better word that go out to the roof sides, go forward at an angle meaning that they are forward of the alpine lights. The front 2 bolts of the ear, do however hit the strengther of the roof, so I spent about a morning chain drilling and filing the roof strengthenr so I could slide the mounts in.

The 2 extra 'ears' on the top which I added go straight up.

The hoop sits about 10mm from the vertical face of the bulkhead.

can get a few better pics in the morning if that helps? Its late evening here now and dark!

Cheers

Pete

Hey Bish,

The main hoop is vertical. The ears for want of a better word that go out to the roof sides, go forward at an angle meaning that they are forward of the alpine lights. The front 2 bolts of the ear, do however hit the strengther of the roof, so I spent about a morning chain drilling and filing the roof strengthenr so I could slide the mounts in.

The 2 extra 'ears' on the top which I added go straight up.

The hoop sits about 10mm from the vertical face of the bulkhead.

can get a few better pics in the morning if that helps? Its late evening here now and dark!

Cheers

Pete

Hooray!! Thanks Pete, now I don't have to change my roof!! Whoo hoo!

Your description is perfect thanks :i-m_so_happy::i-m_so_happy:

hi james, yes we got a reconditioned transfer box and have put that in, but robbie has bought a discovery td5 autobox and compushift to go in, so will be putting that in soon and we will hopefully be down for the event in october.

Cheers

Lester