Rainforest Murca 2008 Setember - Portugal

Hi,

just to satisfy some curiosity, I leave You some images from the past events in MURÇA, where Filipe Santos took part.

LOGORFM08registo.jpg

The competitors in action! :o

DSCN0580.jpg

DSCN0714.jpg

FOTORainforest03LAROVBelga.jpg

FOTORainforest042.jpg

FOTORainforest04dia1.jpg

FOTORainforest04.jpg

FOTORainForRange03AguaPilotos.jpg

FOTORainForestToyotaagua.jpg

rfm0710.jpg

rfm0712.jpg

rfm0715.jpg

rfm0716.jpg

rfm0718.jpg

rfm0720.jpg

rfm0721.jpg

rfm0722.jpg

rfm0723.jpg

rfm0724.jpg

rfm0725.jpg

rfm0727.jpg

rfm0729.jpg

rfm0730.jpg

rfm0731.jpg

rfm0732.jpg

rfm0734.jpg

rfm0735.jpg

rfm074.jpg

Regards,

Agostinho

PS: if any additional information is needed, feel free to contact me at my mobile: + 351 967 251 758.

News from Jim and Adrian:

Today was driving fast stages, they broke a brand new steering box (the new Advest with Disco 2 internals) and they changing it now.

I find that really funny !!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Not for the nasty reason you all thought :rolleyes:

It was just that probably as i was round his house **************************** he was doing his as well :lol:

Mrs Bass here for those of you who are interested......Just had a call to let me know news so far today! It is raining ha ha!

Martin had retired from the competition which obvoiusly means its all down to Jim and Paul to bring the trophy home.

Positions as of this morning are: Jim - 1st, Paul - 6th but scores very close all the way to 10th place.

They are completing 8 special stages today 5 today and 3 tonight. Adrian has hurt his foot this morning and Jim has just broken a CV and shafts in Special stage 2. Paul and Nev are next to go. Come on boys!!!!!!!

Jim hasn't had chance to change his steering box yet either so is still running with a broken one.

I am updating my website when news comes in so keep an eye on www.challenger4x4.com.

Its getting quite exciting now!!!

Bye

Lucy

x

Hello,

More news from Portugal....... Jim has repaired the Cv and borrowed a shaft off of another competitor as Martin was carrying his spares and as he is no longer in the competition he was not allowed to use parts from his car, as this is considered to be outside assistance and I believe the case is the same with his steering box. He went on to complete the stage well.

Next stage - Jim and Adrian went first and on the last winch out of the section they pulled all the winch rope out of the winch and the rope came off the drum, this cost them time and they completed the section in 18minutes. Paul was next to go and drove the section without winching in 8 minutes.

Next stage was a tricky out and Jim and Adrian went first again and they timed out in the stage costing them a 20 minute DNF penalty. Paul and Nev walked the course and then decided to sack the stage and also costing them a 20 minute DNF penalty.

More news as it comes, this morning there was only a few hundred points between 1st and 10th place.

Speak soon

Lucy

x

Hello,

More news from Portugal....... Jim has repaired the Cv and borrowed a shaft off of another competitor as Martin was carrying his spares and as he is no longer in the competition he was not allowed to use parts from his car, as this is considered to be outside assistance and I believe the case is the same with his steering box. He went on to complete the stage well.

Next stage - Jim and Adrian went first and on the last winch out of the section they pulled all the winch rope out of the winch and the rope came off the drum, this cost them time and they completed the section in 18minutes. Paul was next to go and drove the section without winching in 8 minutes.

Next stage was a tricky out and Jim and Adrian went first again and they timed out in the stage costing them a 20 minute DNF penalty. Paul and Nev walked the course and then decided to sack the stage and also costing them a 20 minute DNF penalty.

More news as it comes, this morning there was only a few hundred points between 1st and 10th place.

Speak soon

Lucy

x

Sounds like a tough event, they were not carrying Spare CV's shafts then!? Im suprised that the new steering box broke that was suposed to be a really strong box.

Hope Adrians foot is ok and they have a better day tomorrow.