Rainforest Murca 2008 Setember - Portugal

Loved every minute of it....

Pleasure to share the experience with the other UK teams who all added to such a great week,

Many thanks to Aghostino & Jonny English for helping us through the language barrier & any other problems we had, your help was very much appreciated!!

Much has been said already about the stages being too easy or short & i would totally agree as on day one 20 of the teams including all 3 from the UK were given a 40 minute penalty (2400 points)which pretty much put us out of contention as the vast majority of the remaining stages were only a few minutes long ( Jim completed one in 7 seconds!!!) so made it very difficult to catch up :(:( but on the bright side it gave us the oppurtunity to have a real good laugh & get to meet other competitors!!

Myself & Nev were humbled to win the team spirit award as it is such a large part of the ethos of the whole "Rainforest" event & voted for by the fellow competitors...Thank you it means a lot!! :rolleyes:

Highlights....

Jack Daniels,

Elton John,

Mooning,

Jonny English,

EO !!

Gilles,

Watching the sunrise!!

Aghostino,

Trophy,

Elastic band of doom!

I would recommend it to any one... Cant wait for next year!!

Obrigado...Gracias ;);)

Pleasure to share the experience with the other UK teams who all added to such a great week,

Many thanks to Aghostino & Jonny English for helping us through the language barrier & any other problems we had, your help was very much appreciated!!

Much has been said already about the stages being too easy or short & i would totally agree as on day one 20 of the teams including all 3 from the UK were given a 40 minute penalty (2400 points)which pretty much put us out of contention as the vast majority of the remaining stages were only a few minutes long ( Jim completed one in 7 seconds!!!) so made it very difficult to catch up :(:( but on the bright side it gave us the oppurtunity to have a real good laugh & get to meet other competitors!!

Myself & Nev were humbled to win the team spirit award as it is such a large part of the ethos of the whole "Rainforest" event & voted for by the fellow competitors...Thank you it means a lot!! :rolleyes:

Highlights....

Jack Daniels,

Elton John,

Mooning,

Jonny English,

EO !!

Gilles,

Watching the sunrise!!

Aghostino,

Trophy,

Elastic band of doom!

Obrigado...Gracias ;);)

hows Kevs neck cant beleive the way the Belgins used the winch rope ha ha no realy ;)

Necks not very good mate, my shirt collar rubbed it a bit too much yesterday and it started to bleed!

Thats one thing i would love them to change next year. No touching of live winch cables! It was madness what they were doing and they were gaining very little out of it, for the risks they were taking.

can you explain us what was going on with the "life" winch cables ?

On more than one occasion and not just one team, co-drivers would grab hold of the winch cable (wire!) when the driver was winching in under heavy load and rock the cable away and towards themselves. This was done on straight and snatch block pulls.

Highlights....

Jack Daniels,

Elton John,

Mooning,

Jonny English,

EO !!

Gilles,

Watching the sunrise!!

Aghostino,

Trophy,

Elastic band of doom!

Obrigado...Gracias ;);)

We need a bigger band next year ;):o:P

You have got my vote.

Filipe Santos

Highlights....

Jack Daniels,

Elton John,

Mooning,

Jonny English,

EO !!

Gilles,

Watching the sunrise!!

Aghostino,

Trophy,

Elastic band of doom!

Obrigado...Gracias ;);)