Temp gauge telling lies

Put a new thermostat in the V8 and it comes up to temp now in about a mile :)

temp gauge shows a high reading although the temp at the thermostat housing is around 80 deg and the top of the engine about 77 deg so it isn't overheating.

post-10430-1217193006_thumb.jpgwhat I want to know is shall I bin the gauge or the sender.? Do gauges play up on landys or will I need to check everything.

This is worrying on a hot day in traffic although I know it is normal but you know how it is. :rolleyes:

stat according to my parts info should be a 82degree one, & temp sender prc2506, try a new sender if you haven't already & check the wire isn't shorting anywhere.

Think it's either the sender or gauge.

Hoping it's the gauge as I don't know where the sender is.

The fuel gauge is showing the correct amount of fuel in tank since I put the thermostat in, do they take a feed from the same source as minis do ?

It was showing a quarter full before and now it's correct at just below half. :blink::unsure:

Temp sender is next to the stat housing, the signal from the senders are different, maybe you've got the fuel gauge signal wire on the temp sender which should light green with a blue trace, fuel is light gren/black trace.

Temp sender is next to the stat housing, the signal from the senders are different, maybe you've got the fuel gauge signal wire on the temp sender which should light green with a blue trace, fuel is light gren/black trace.

Thanks but they are gauging the correct things, I was wondering seeing as I dont have a wiring diagram, if the two gauges are fed live from a linked source and then disappear off to the respective senders. That would explain the gauges interfering with each other .

I do need to get under the dash I think :rolleyes:

gauges are fed 12v on a green wire & should have a earth on the central stud under the small thumb wheel that holds the U clip in place.

Thanks again, I'll pull the dash off tomorrow and check earths and subtitute a gauge (I have a mini one spare) to check that first.

:)