Leaking Exhaust

Joseph

Get underneath and listen, also you can hold a hand or something more heat-proof (a rag, etc.) over the end of the pipe to build pressure & make things leak a bit more audibly. You can often see sooty deposits on the pipe near a leak.

For a decent quick fix, I can recommend dual-band pipe clamps (available cheap-ish from most exhaust places) and silicone sealant, just as long as it's downstream of the Lambda sensors. If it's upstream, use pukka exhaust putty.

36567645443867346952624e634c6d434f7951-100x100-0-0.jpg

After doing a bit of research, there has been a ticking noise coming from around the front of my car and i have noticed a residue around my head gasket area on the left side with occasional whitish smoke coming from the hood (i mistook for water vapor)- ill post a pic... Is this all related to a blown head gasket or just loose screws to hold the manifold onto the head?

Thanks,

Joe

It lessens as the engine warms up because the metal expands and tightens the leaking joint. Start the engine and crawl underneath - you may be able to identify where the leak is from soot deposits/good hearing/feel the puff as it leaks.

Firegum is an excellent exhaust sealant - I use it all the time on exhaust systems.

Les.

Oh and the ticking noise seems to go away as the car warms up and under acceleration. It seems worse in cooler weather...

HI, might be wrong but sounds like a cracked manifold, as it warms up the crack seals up, as already suggested start car get someone to block tail pipe end and quickly look around and listen for a huffing sound,