Bolt-on gearbox cross member

Betsy

I have a Marsland galvanised chassis, and unfortunately I have crushed the gearbox cross member flat on the left side where it joins the chassis. Its an easy fix, but I was thinking about changing it for a bolt on version.

Anyone got any idea where I can get hold of a bolt on cross member for 109 chassis?

The current (squashed) cross member is virtually straight. I'll give Marslands a ring tomorrow and see if they can supply a new galvanised item, and like you say, I can easily make it a bolt on item. Can you tell me which way the bolt on item attaches? is it via captive nuts in the main chassis rail or does it bolt right through the side rail?

The current (squashed) cross member is virtually straight. I'll give Marslands a ring tomorrow and see if they can supply a new galvanised item, and like you say, I can easily make it a bolt on item. Can you tell me which way the bolt on item attaches? is it via captive nuts in the main chassis rail or does it bolt right through the side rail?

The military chassis has gussets under the rails that the cross member fits into and something along the lines of either 9/16UNF or M10 bolts are fitted through

Gusset at bottom left:

DSCF0696.jpg

Cross member in place:

DSCF1530.jpg

Just ignore the R380 and LT230R ;)