Really Good/useful Ideas

One of my best ideas was making indestructable side-lights & indicators.

Although these are scratch built (apart from the lens) with super bright LED's, the same principle would lend itself to regular LED bubs.

LEDClose.jpeg

I used transparent epoxy resin, which according to the manufacturer has similar properties to polycarbonate - very tough!

Resin.jpeg

I tested several different epoxies by filling a lens, letting it set and seeing how long I could hit it with a club hammer before it broke. The final mixture didn't break!

High res versions of photos here:

High Res Photos

Other goodies:

I used a gas strut from a Metro to keep the back door on my 110 open.

I used a bicycle gear-shift lever as a hand throttle.

I used a series type wiper motor on the back door - but replaced the little lever that sticks out the backwith another wiper (so it wipes the inside and out) - very effective!

I made a sink in the back out of a stainless dog-bowl (which everyone seemed to think I'd fitted as some kind of urinal!).

A slightly off the wall idea - how about an expresso maker? Use a length of copper brake pipe, and connect either end of it, via a contactor and heavy wires to the battery.

Pump water through the tube and If you get the length right, you should get near boiling water out the other end. If not - you will probably get super-heated steam - ideal for chastising your passanger and making expressos!

Thought it would be good though to have a continuous flow (via a switch) of boiling water available for making hot drinks on the fly.

Si

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy