Terrible side effects of Mega,bl**dy,squirt

Boothy

Since the fitment of Megasquirt my challenge truck has encountered loads of new problems that were never there before, due to the side effects that were unforeseen!!!

This ability to spend ages perusing around submereged in water at bonnet depth has cost me a fortune in time and money (and shopping trips to keep her indoors happy) due to faults and failures cropping up everywhere.

1, ARB air pump mounted behind passenger seat, full of water and silt, replace

2, Rear winch solonoid failed, full of water and silt, (allbright), replace

3, Front winch solonoid failed, full of ware and silt, (allbright), replace

4, L/Hand alternator failed, full of water, weed and silt, replace

4, R/Hand alternator failed, full or water, weed and silt, replace

5, Both winch isolator switched siezed and high resisitance, full of water and silt, replace both

6, Drivers side Recaro seat heater (or pile pacifier) now stained following a bang and short circuit when sat on it :o:o:o , councilling and Doctors

Are these common post water problems???

never really suffered before with having a V8 !!

or is it a case of move everthing as high as possible???

or do I stop playing in water? :rolleyes::P ???

Boothy :P

:hysterical: @ The heated seat :lol:

I find washing everything out with clean water and then dousing with WD40 (alternator & starter solenoid especially) helps, then run it up to temperature to encourage everything to dry out. Electrics don't like being live and wet so if stuff is really soggy, disconnect the battery(ies) until it's dried out, otherwise it turns to green fluff very quickly.

Oh yes, you may want to shove some white grease or silicone in your injector connectors etc., that one caught me out recently :ph34r:

:hysterical: @ The heated seat :lol:

I find washing everything out with clean water and then dousing with WD40 (alternator & starter solenoid especially) helps, then run it up to temperature to encourage everything to dry out. Electrics don't like being live and wet so if stuff is really soggy, disconnect the battery(ies) until it's dried out, otherwise it turns to green fluff very quickly.

Oh yes, you may want to shove some white grease or silicone in your injector connectors etc., that one caught me out recently :ph34r:

he hasnt learnt how to clean things yet, her indoors is still learning him :lol:

or is it a case of move everthing as high as possible???

or do I stop playing in water? :rolleyes::P ???

Boothy :P

Also at risk from silty water:

uj's, prop and steering,

steering joints

water pump bearing

fan/pas/alternator belts

handbrake (if not xeng)

your pride when something fails on the motorway on the way home

upsetting your neighbours/partner with all the muck on the road/drive

or find some deep clean water to drive through afterwards.

6, Drivers side Recaro seat heater (or pile pacifier) now stained following a bang and short circuit when sat on it

And to think you called some of us 'Soft Southerners' :P

Re the "Stain"........... is that as in 'electrical burn' ...........or the "Northern 'n Exotic Somewhat Frightened Scratch 'n Sniff" type ?

:rofl:

Nige