Cage Measurement required please

As above, could a few of you post up the dimension between your front hoop legs and the tube diameter please? (This will give the centreline dimension if you see what I mean)

I am only interested in cages where the hoop goes down through the top of the wings to mount on the outrigger please.

I need to work out what the correct width is so the legs fit in the gap in the wing.

Thanks all!

Bish.

Guest WALFY

Bish

Can't you get the front hoop seperately? Like you did the last time? Prob easier to buy that section. Bends in 2 different planes, hard to get right without a few mistakes?

Guest WALFY

Ahhh. OK then. Good luck. That is on the list of jobs to do on my truck and get the cage inside the wings rather than outside.

If you find out the info can you do a sketch for the tech archive of the dims and angles of bends please

Guest diesel_jim

I've got my full external P&P cage here for the 110, not fitted yet, i can get some measurements from that if it helps?

(it goes down through the wings, right on the "seam" between the outer skin and the top piece) with a box section upright that bolts onto the bulkhead outrigger.

Guest WALFY

That would be helpfull.

What would it cost if someone took a front hoop to a fabricator and said make me 1 of these? Would they make it? Does copyright morals extend that far in the fabbing world or is it just cash speaks louder?

And no that isn't a hint Jamie!!!! I'm still a way off to sorting my cage out

Guest diesel_jim
That would be helpfull.

What would it cost if someone took a front hoop to a fabricator and said make me 1 of these? Would they make it? Does copyright morals extend that far in the fabbing world or is it just cash speaks louder?

And no that isn't a hint Jamie!!!! I'm still a way off to sorting my cage out

'Snot a problem if you want to borrow it and get a backup made (for safety reasons, of course, should the original get damaged or lost.... :unsure::rolleyes: )

Can't imagine any fabricator would complain, after all, how are they to know where the template came from? you could just say "a very experienced friend of mine made it in his shed"

Anyway, shout if you want to borrow... i won't be bolting it on for a couple of weeks yet.

In the absence of anything witty to say I will be usefull for a change

1502mm between tubes from outriggers to bonnet hinge level, it bends back at the screen angle from there and narrows when viewed from the front but at a lesser angle than the windscreen tapers.

cagefront.JPG

cageside.JPG

Need anything else give me a shout...

Will :)