Strange Defender based thingy

A month or so ago I was up at the Defender Centre looking for a Defender to buy (funny that :blink: ). Whilst I was looking in the weeds, I came across this strange beasty:

gallery_1731_474_2704.jpg

gallery_1731_474_36266.jpg

gallery_1731_474_43633.jpg

I didn't have time to have a good look around it. Has anyone seen it before? Was it a one off? Any ideas why it was built?

According to the DVLA it has the 3.5 V8 in it and probably hasn't been on the road since 1993 (as that is the last date of liability).

Looks like a film prop.

I was starting to think along those lines myself MOG. But which film? I've tried searching some databases but as it doesn't "look" like a Land Rover it might not be registering with the people who maintain these databases.

Hello,

Landrover did make some vehicles for the Judge Dred film of which the vehicles ended up a Goonhilly in cornwall for a while.

From the photo the cage that has been made looks similar to the body shape.

I may be wrong - it has been know ocasionally!

cheers

neil

Hello,

Landrover did make some vehicles for the Judge Dred film of which the vehicles ended up a Goonhilly in cornwall for a while.

From the photo the cage that has been made looks similar to the body shape.

I may be wrong - it has been know ocasionally!

cheers

neil

There was only 1 ex-Judge Dredd filmprop 101 vehicle at Goonhilly,I'veseen it a few times since the film was released, last time it was silver IIRC. nothing like the one Ryan has found