1 to 2 inch lift required

SeriousIIa

Hi,

I've just bought a series 1 hybrid. It has RRC chassis and axles. The V8 and a cage. Will fit a winch in the near future.

aankoopstaat3.jpg

I would like to replace the knackered springs and dampers. I would like to archieve a 1 inch lift so my 33x12,5 tires can fit better.

I'm leaning towards police spec springs front and rear. Is there anyone with experience with these springs who can tell me if they supply about one inch lift? (1400 kg vehicle) If I look at the spring calculator thy should do the trick. Any opnions. Also are they soft enough to give any offroad ability (not like Bearmach blue or so)

Cheers Bowy

the police spring would be too strong at a gess

i just put second hand disco springs on my 90 it has lifed the back a bit but not the front also there alot hearder, got a RTV on sunday will see if there too hard for off roading then, if thay are i'll be having to get new spring(or good second hand onces)

You really need to know the axle weights to spec your springs correctly.

Once you have the axle weights, jack up the vehicle on the chassis until you have the desired amount of lift. Then measure the distance between the spring seats on each axle.

Using these figures and the free length and rate of various springs you should be able to come up with some options.

In the UK public recycling centres / tips often have weigh bridges. Not sure about round your way though.....

the police spring would be too strong at a gess

i just put second hand disco springs on my 90 it has lifed the back a bit but not the front also there alot hearder, got a RTV on sunday will see if there too hard for off roading then, if thay are i'll be having to get new spring(or good second hand onces)

got back from the RTV last night no complants with spring beeing too hard don't know how i did yet

but didn't get cross axled so was happy with that

I'm leaning towards police spec springs front and rear. Is there anyone with experience with these springs who can tell me if they supply about one inch lift? (1400 kg vehicle) If I look at the spring calculator thy should do the trick. Any opnions. Also are they soft enough to give any offroad ability (not like Bearmach blue or so)

On a standard 90 Hardtop, so about 500Kg heavier than yours they gave 1.5" lift on rear and about 2.5" on front so no they won't be your solution ;);)

As suggested by Bish, you really need to get axle weights to work out a good combination.

Cheers

Steve