KAM Halfshaft

missingsid

As the title really.

A suggestion has been made to my by an engineer which is dependant upon the length of the splines on a KAM Locking Diff halfshaft.

What I need is a kind knowledgable person to tell me how long the diff end splines are on a KAM 24 spline LR 90/RRC halfshaft where the locking collar is fitted. I believe that this will be the long halfshaft and I assume that the fron and rear will be the same?

Hope that this makes sense?

Marc.

As the title really.

A suggestion has been made to my by an engineer which is dependant upon the length of the splines on a KAM Locking Diff halfshaft.

What I need is a kind knowledgable person to tell me how long the diff end splines are on a KAM 24 spline LR 90/RRC halfshaft where the locking collar is fitted. I believe that this will be the long halfshaft and I assume that the fron and rear will be the same?

Hope that this makes sense?

Marc.

200mm

I use them and have just ordered a new one or two................

Old system (outside air operated) long spline on both long halfshafts

New system (inside electric operation) rear long spline on short shaft, front long spline on long shaft

Mine is the old system and needs 200mm spline, new ones use 150mm long spline

KAM halfshafts are a minefield, they have taken 9 months to order me the wrong shaft still waiting for the correct shaft, good job it's only for spares otherwise my truck 12 months on would still be immobile :angry:

For the definitive answer to any vehicle application you really need to talk to KAM, the changes in configuration that LR have made and the changes that KAM have made could mean that the above is a load of bo**ocks :lol:

200mm

I use them and have just ordered a new one or two................

Old system (outside air operated) long spline on both long halfshafts

New system (inside electric operation) rear long spline on short shaft, front long spline on long shaft

Mine is the old system and needs 200mm spline, new ones use 150mm long spline

KAM halfshafts are a minefield, they have taken 9 months to order me the wrong shaft still waiting for the correct shaft, good job it's only for spares otherwise my truck 12 months on would still be immobile :angry:

For the definitive answer to any vehicle application you really need to talk to KAM, the changes in configuration that LR have made and the changes that KAM have made could mean that the above is a load of bo**ocks :lol:

Thanks, to both replies.

However this is the one I needed.

It is really helpful to know that I need to use the old type as I want Long Splines on the Long Halfshafts front and rear.

I take it that they are still making the old ones :P

Marc.

Thanks, to both replies.

However this is the one I needed.

It is really helpful to know that I need to use the old type as I want Long Splines on the Long Halfshafts front and rear.

I take it that they are still making the old ones :P

Marc.

No they are not making the old ones!

They do have some old ones for different axle designs, best to go and see them, but once gone thay are not replacing.

Generally KAM have now switched all production to the new design. The new fronts will fit my old design if they have made the spline 200mm long to accomodate the sliding member, if they have made them 150mm long for the new design then they will be too short.

They did make some old ones on my insistance last year but the manufacturer in Spain made the right bits to the wrong spec, so the 2 rears I got were wrong, hence my 12 month wait!

They wanted me to buy the new electrical operated locker rather than get spares for a 10 year old design, not what I wanted.

However, KAM have now ordered the correct spec half shafts with the Spanish factory so give them a call and they might be able to increase the order, but do not hold your breath for delivery since you will not last-out that long :lol:

Very difficult for me to upset KAM since they are also a customer, good job my lasers don't take 12 months to manufacture a few items!

No they are not making the old ones!

They do have some old ones for different axle designs, best to go and see them, but once gone thay are not replacing.

Generally KAM have now switched all production to the new design. The new fronts will fit my old design if they have made the spline 200mm long to accomodate the sliding member, if they have made them 150mm long for the new design then they will be too short.

They did make some old ones on my insistance last year but the manufacturer in Spain made the right bits to the wrong spec, so the 2 rears I got were wrong, hence my 12 month wait!

They wanted me to buy the new electrical operated locker rather than get spares for a 10 year old design, not what I wanted.

However, KAM have now ordered the correct spec half shafts with the Spanish factory so give them a call and they might be able to increase the order, but do not hold your breath for delivery since you will not last-out that long :lol:

Very difficult for me to upset KAM since they are also a customer, good job my lasers don't take 12 months to manufacture a few items!

toss them in the bin & buy some proper lockers ;)